2

Charlie let out an endearing yawn as she slowly opened her big hazel-brown eyes

Charlie let out an endearing yawn as she slowly opened her big hazel-brown eyes. The five-year-old had just woken from a lovely four-hour nap, and goodness knows she needed it.

Stretching her little arms out carelessly, Charlie hit something hard, which made the little one immediately sit up, straightening with alertness.

There laid her big brother, Oscar, who was still sleeping himself and looked like a giant teddy bear, despite the many tattoos that decorated his intimidating build.

Charlie was conflicted. If it had been three years ago, she would have, without a doubt, jumped on him and hit him with a pillow which would have gained herself an extended visit from the tickle monster.

However, it wasn't three years ago.

Charlie hadn't seen Oscar or any of her older brothers in a very long time, she didn't quite know how to act around them anymore.

"Um," The little one hummed out loud, looking around, not knowing what to do. After a few moments of observing her brother's room, Charlie gained some courage and shuffled over to the end of the large bed, her little body dangling off the edge and finally landing on the wooden floor.

Slowly, she shuffled past the bed and Oscar's sleeping body, nearly tripping on her brother's discarded shoes and went over to the door, standing on her tippy toes trying to reach the handle.

"What are you doing, little mouse?"

Charlie squeaked in alarm at the sudden resonance of the deep voice of her big brother, almost falling over.

Slowly, Charlie turned around to see Oscar's amused expression causing her cheeks to blush a bright red.

"H-hi," the little girl spoke, looking down at her toes, which made Oscar's expression soften. She was adorable.

"Were you going to leave big brother alone without giving him a cuddle?" Oscar pouted playfully, holding back a chuckle when she looked up with wide brown eyes.

"N-no. Of course not. I wouldn't d-do that," the little girl stuttered. Their baby had always been rubbish at lying.

Thankfully.

"Well, then. Come here, silly girl," Oscar grinned, reaching out for his baby sister and scooping her up into his arms as soon as she shuffled over to him within arms reach.

Charlie sat on her brother's lap, cuddled into his chest as he held her tightly in his strong arms.

She missed this.

She missed them all, their cuddles, kisses, and bedtime stories. She'd even say she had missed their tickles.

Of course, they could never ever know that.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you. We've missed you." Oscar mumbled, speaking into her hair and breathing in her adorable baby scent.

"Missed you too, Oscar! Lots and lots." Charlie whispered, feeling the tears well up in her eyes.

"Yeah?" Oscar smiled, looking down and kissing her chubby cheeks. "How much?"

"This much!" Charlie exclaimed, showing how much with the whole length of her arms and then quickly
wrapped her arms around Oscar, surprising him.

"Missed your funny stories and played dress-up." The little girl mumbled into the chest of her older brother as she played with the rings on his hands.

"Me too, bub. Though don't tell anyone about the dress-up." Oscar grumbled. "That bloody lipstick took ages to come off," Oscar muttered, making Charlie giggle.

"Not funny." Oscar fumed in fake anger, producing a smile from Charlie. Oscar always was the playful brother.

"How are you feeling?" Oscar asked, changing the subject. "Still tired, darling? You've had such a big day," He cooed, caressing her cheek gently.

Charlie shook her head, causing her brown curls to hit his brother's face as she giggled. "Got lots and lots of energy now!" She grinned cheekily. A nap could do wondrous things.

"Fantastic," Oscar sarcastically muttered as he spat out some of his sister's curls then proceeded to pepper her little face with kisses, forcing the girl to burst into giggles.

"O-Oscar! S-stop!" Charlie giggled, trying desperately to push his face away.

"What? You don't want my kisses?" Oscar gasped dramatically, enveloping her hands in one of his big ones in an attempt to stop her from smacking his face.

Charlie shook her head, failing to hide her giggles.

"What about my tickles? You want those?" Oscar teased mischievously, wiggling his fingers at her little belly and causing the five-year-old to erupt with laughter.

"N-no no, s-stop! O-oscar, y-you're such a m-meany!" Charlie screamed, struggling to breathe as she squirmed around helplessly. She had always been insanely ticklish, and her brothers knew this very well.

"A meany?!" Oscar exclaimed, tickling her more. "I'm not a meany! You take that back, silly girl!" He grinned, leaning down to blow a big raspberry onto her belly.

Charlie really didn't want to give in. She was a stubborn little girl, a trait handed down to the siblings from their mother, but soon, tears started to pour out of her eyes.

"Y-you're not a m-meany. Stop!"

And with that, Oscar halted his tickle assault on her tummy, now soothingly rubbing her chest to help her catch her breath.

"Hey." He smiled warmly, poking her little cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

-Edited 12/04/2020 with help from the lovely MsFishyLee