82

Essie laid down on the barn's stack of hay where she could just about see the stars poking out behind the clouds. Her mind was slowly becoming less clogged with the dream she had lived through. However, Harry remained on her mind. It all felt so real that the boy she didn't even know properly, if at all, could become something so much more in her imagination.

Yes, he was attractive and Essie was in no position to deny that and holy hell did she wish that a lot of that dream was true, but it felt wrong. Was it even possible to like someone you just met? Was he even like the Harry in her dream? What if she likes the dream Harry and not real life Harry but thinks she does? It certainly felt as if she had a crush on Harry in real life but it could very well be her dream warping her perspective. It was also wrong because he was indeed her cousin's friend. Close friend in fact.

Her phone buzzed and she pulled it out of her pocket to see an Instagram notification.

harryholland64
Hey x

There was no escaping him!

essiemulligan99
Hello

harryholland64
So... ur Harrison's
Cousin.

essiemulligan99
Yeah... ?

harryholland64
That's cool, idk
why he hasn't
mentioned you
before

essiemulligan99
I don't see him that
often, I wish I did
but I don't. Plus I
am not great with new
people.

harryholland64
That's understandable
so... your interests?

Essiemulligan99
I like writing. I like
memes. Exploring.
Dats it ig 🤷🏻‍♀️

The conversation between Essie and Harry was big standard. It didn't seem very interesting and definitely did not flow as much as their conversations within her dream did. She laid down in her bed with a sigh and flicked on her lamp. Her head was still fuzzy, especially since she made up scenarios to do with Harry alone rather than her own perspective, and she died? She seriously felt sick at the thought.

She continued talking to Harry and time flew by. The conversation picked up and it flew out of her like light from the sun, so natural and warming. She forgot all about the dream and got to know this Harry and he was pretty similar but not quite the same.

After a little while she decided to post onto Instagram, a photo she had taken a while back but loved dearly. It was one way to prove to her friends that she was most certainly alive!

 It was one way to prove to her friends that she was most certainly alive!

🖤 liked by hazosterfield, ElioOilE and 132 others

essiemulligan99: free me from my mind I beg