Chapter 72

I looked at Jake assessing him. He looked nervous.

I vaguely remembered Drake saying something about him seeing me as a potential partner or something.

And that Jason got really agitated when he came next to me.

Drake asked me to let him down gently as he seemed to have some fancy notions.

I wouldn't prefer to do this now, especially after fighting with my mutt of a mate.

But oh well, as good a time as any other I guess.

Besides my mood was pretty much the same every day, just different shade of the same emotions-

Anger, irritation, agitation, frustration, the need to beat someone up and the need to kill someone(most of the time Blaze, closely followed by Jason.)

So he might have caught me at a better time in my spectrum of emotions.

He cleared his throat, bringing me out of my reverie.

"I... think you are my mate.: he blurted out.

What! 

Of all the things, that was unexpected. I almost let my mouth hang open.

"Second chance mate!" He said, correcting himself almost immediately.

Ok, now he was just being ridiculous.

I rolled my eyes reaching for the door again.

"Wait." He said, jamming himself between my door and myself.

Now he was just asking for it.

"Look I know this sounds crazy but I honestly feel a connection with you. Don't you feel it too?" He asked me with a pleading look.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe it's late for you." He mumbled rubbing his neck with a spoilt expression on his face.

Wait... is this what I think it is?

Does he...?

"Or it's just a crush," I said with a smirk.

"WHAT?" He asked a blush blooming on his face.

"No, it's, it's..." he said frantically.

"Tell me, have you had a crush before?" I teased.

"Of course I have, I am always with the ladies!" He defended.

"You are with the ladies I know that but that's not my question, I am asking have you ever had a crush before?"

"Um... " He trailed off as if trying really hard to remember if he had that sort of attention on someone.

That settles it then.

No wonder Drake calls him naive!

This idiot mistook a crush for a mate-bond. There is a multitude of differences between them both!

His mate would have to appear for him to understand.

I sighed pushing him away. Standing here in this bikini was awful. Especially since I was wet. And had sand in places I didn't it could be in.

Thanks to Blaze pushing me down.

"But even if that's the case, Zara, I am willing to be with you." He said stopping me in my tracks.

"We could be a team, you and I. A power couple of sorts." He wiggled his eyebrows.

And Jake was back to his normal self.