Chapter 26: This is where you belong

Harry didn't eat dinner, he just communicated silently with the group of Slytherin that had decided to let him onto their side. The other Slytherins however, needed proof that he was able to earn himself in Slytherin properly. Harry knew something like this would happen. After all, each house have levels of power.

For example, in Gryffindor there was a king, a queen, a princess and a prince. The others were ranked in numbers and could be moved up or down depending on their loyalty, power and house traits. Meaning if you were a Gryffindor and favoured being ambitious more than bravery, then you would move down because nearly every Gryffindor had stereotypes, and if you betrayed the house stereotypes you would be moved down, just because the person has to be full Gryffindor and not have any other traits.

When Harry was in Gryffindor he was the king, clearly, I mean he was the "Chosen One!" Hermione was the queen and ron and ginny were the princess and prince. All because they had close relations to the king, sometimes they would get moved down but always, always! Would they get moved back to the top. Harry hated the way the Gryffindors saw him, and the way their system worked.

For other houses, Harry didn't know the system or the placements, only that every house had one. 

Once dinner and dessert had been eaten and all the time tables were given out, everyone headed to their dorms and common rooms. Harry knew he was going to be tested, and boy was he fucking ready for it. A small smirk rested gracefully on his face, and the group of Slytherins wondered how he wasn't a snake before. Speaking of which, Harry was then reminded of the fact that he and Draco had to practice their animagus forms.

----------

8:58pm. The Slytherin common room was similar to when he visited it in 2nd year, except for the fact that small beams of light similar to LED lights surrounded the edges of the walls. They faded from dark green to dark blue to a calm yellow then to a soft red, glowing up the area around it. There were still Slytherin banners hanging from the ceiling and the rugs were a dark green with black leather sofas. But the most obvious thing standing out were the portraits, there was a portrait of Salazar Slytherin and Merlin, both moving and staring calmly at the students who had entered. 

9:00pm. Snape appeared in front of them and began stating the rules. "The rules are simple, I am going to repeat the basic rules for the Slytherins who have just joined us. You need to be either in your dorms or the common room by 10:30pm at the latest. First and second years should be in by 10:00pm. You can leave the common room at 5:45am at the earliest. If you exit the common room past curfew, do not get caught. Our reputation is our main priority, if you are the cause of our reputation being ruined you will get detention everyday for 2 months, the weekends are free though. Slytherins are not rusted by any other house and you will get attacked either verbally or physically. If you are going to retaliate, then be sure that you can cover it up with a quick and believable story. First years must travel in groups of 3 or more at all times, other years can travel by themselves if they so desire, but be safe."

Snape's voice had softened by the end and it surprised Harry, but his shock was well hidden. "We are a big family and we can only trust each other, but if an alliance is made with the other houses, keep it and we may be brought justice. Unlikely though." Snape's sarcastic tone returned at the last statement. "That is all, now unpack and go to bed or do whatever. Remember: Do. Not. Get. Caught. Girls dorms to the left and boys to the right, other genders can choose which side they wish to settle down in." He turned and exited through a door next to the lit fireplace, even the fire was green.

All of the Slytherins scattered to their dorm rooms. In Harry's dorm there was Draco, Blaise and Theo, all of their belongings were placed at the end of their four poster beds. "So how you liking being a Slytherin so far, despite the fact we've only just got in the dorms." Theo asked, taking his eyes off his trunk for a few seconds before looking back. 

Harry signed out a quick sentence before going back to unpacking. "He says it's much more quiet and peaceful than in Gryffindor." Draco translated for him. 

"How bad was it there anyway. I mean, I've heard gossip of there being a party nearly every week but I thought it was a lie" Harry just shook his head and signed again. 

"Apparently there was 2 parties every week and they always shouted until 5 in the morning." Draco translated again, and grimaced at what Harry had claimed. "Wow that must've been like torture." He muttered with a surprised face. "We only have parties after exams and sometimes before holidays."

------------

10:27pm. The dorm was buzzing with soft and quiet talking coming from the three boys while Harry listened patiently, signing in something now and then. Eventually they had nothing to talk about so Blaise and Theo decided to start learning sign language, it was an interesting experience because they were all so tired. They just ended up laughing every time Theo would fuck up then flip Harry off, then Harry in return would either fake cry, flip Theo off back or just stare into his eyes and mouth; 'I'll kill you in your sleep bitch'. They managed to keep quiet while laughing, not wanting to wake anybody up. But at one point they did hear footsteps and they kept pacing outside their door so Blaise went outside and checked to see if anyone was there. Nobody was so now everyone now believed that a demon lives in or outside their dorm. Which was quite ironic since one of Harry's inheritances is a demon. 

11:48pm. All four boys were still awake but on the edge of sleep, Theo was practically talking out of his arse, Blaise was almost falling out of bed and Draco was just staring off into nothing as if he was high. Harry however was just silently laughing at everything, which in turn, made everyone else laugh. 

12:31am. Harry and Blaise were the only ones awake. Draco had fallen asleep a while ago and no one could be asked to wake him up, then Theo passed out whilst in the middle of singing Happy Birthday to his mum (Her birthday wasn't even slightly near september). It was quite a sight to behold. Blaise and Harry were half asleep so Blaise kept trying to learn sign language but  couldn't focus so he just ended up telling scary stories. This is where they were in this moment of time. Blaise was telling scary stories and Harry would silently laugh every time Blaise would say murder, death, dead, dying, scary or ghost. Basically anything that related to pain or death. Which was everything. 

1:27am. Blaise and Harry had fallen asleep. All was quiet and calm, and a silence charm was placed around Harry's curtains just in case he woke up screaming.

Slytherin house is where Harry belonged, and it hurt that it took him this long to figure it out.