Chapter 53: Shadow of Naginata Blades

Saito slowly opened his eyes, strange place greeted his sight. A window was open at the side making the dazzling sunlight enter the room he was in. It felt like he just slept and woke up from a long dream. His body is strong somehow, his injuries were nowhere to be found.

"Oniisan!" a childish voice rang Saito's ears but before he could even raise his head, the girl wrapped her arms around his neck.

Yun Ren Xie endlessly sobbed why tears streaming down her face. It was not how she intended in greeting him but the strong feeling of Soma Katsu drowned her.

Baoshi have told her that the real owner of the body is restricted within the void with three layers and Soma Katsu have just broke the second layer of restriction which means she can manipulate her emotions. If the third layer was broken, Soma Katsu will fight against Yun Ren Xie in order to take her body back. Yun Ren Xie's little guide isnt here since she said the restriction must be healed in order to seal Soma Katsu's soul.

"Ehm.... imoto, where are we?" Saito asked with a confused gaze as he met his sister's watery eyes.

Yun Ren Xie lifted her sleeves and wiped her tears hastily before sitting infront of Saito. With her pretty appearance and tear stained look, Saito viewed her as a cute child, remembering when they were both young.

"Imoto, your going out?" the eight year old Soma asked, her almond eyes stared intently at him.

"Mm. Behave with otosan. I'll be back tomorrow." he gently pat her head with a warm soft smile.

When he finally returned, Saito was filled with bruises and their father angrily scolded him for fighting with the rogue kids around Kyoto. Soma cant stand watching her brother being down, she was scared witless seeing her brother at the dark corner of his room, clearly mourning for something.

"Oniisan!" she directly jumped in front of him, holding her brother's neck tightly. She was crying silently as her snots and tears were setting on Saito's shirt.

"Uh, Soma? Why are you crying?" he asked.

"Dont leave anymore!" she looked up at him, her eyes were clear yet the tears made her look more fragile.

Saito froze for a moment before smiling. "Are you worried for me?"

Soma fervently nodded with a pouted mouth, she stick more closer to him and hugging Saito firmly. He chuckled while caressing her long ebony hair. "Look, I bought this for you. Train hard and protect the family." Saito took an object from behind him, it was wrapped with a white cloth.

She slowly opened the object and a dark naginata is inside, the blade is pure silver in colour as if symbolizing the yin and yang. Saito expected her to be smiling but his sister went silent for a long time before speaking in a solemn tone. "Its not what I want!" she eagerly responsed with glaring dark eyes. "Oniisan is always fighting with them and ended up being beaten! Im just afraid you.... oniisan will..."

"Oniisan, Im afraid of losing you!" Yun Ren Xie clutched her dress in fit of supressing Soma Katsu's grudge and sadness. This is not what she want! Its too emotional!

Her brother somehow went dazed hearing what she said. Lifting her head, Saito slowly held her small face with both hands. A modest delicate smile formed on his face, Saito cant help but caress her before pulling Soma in his warm embrace.

"I wont ever leave Soma. Remember that well." he softly whispered. Inside his thought, he was avid in wishing Soma is not his sister at all but a woman he'd be with. However, this wish is too far from reality, slapping his face numerous times.

His eyes glanced outside the door only to meet a fierce gaze from another person. The pair of mismatched eyes angrily stared at both of him and Soma before leaving the place furtively.

Hijikita Toushirou is enraged by the sight that greeted him. Even though there was the fact that Soma and Saito were siblings, he eventually saw how Saito looked at her with infatuation. And that girl....

She is too close to Saito!

"Ah? Hayato-kun, have you seen Soma?" Asami met him just as he walked out of the courtyard.

"She's with her brother." he simply answered before walking straight to the forest. Asami caught a glimpse at him, carrying a sword on his waistband.

He arrived ag the deepest part of the forest, leaving marks along the way. Hijikita lifted his blade, he mercilessly pierced through trees around him either thick or thin.

He suddenly stopped when he noticed movements nearby. The sound of a group stepping above the pile of dried leaves and growing weeds reached his hearing.

On the other side, Yun Ren Xie wanted to doze off. Her body is too tired and her brother's comforting hug is making her feel asleep.

"S-Soma, are you alright?" Saito worriedly asked, his sister's breathing is decreasing! He reached out to touch her pulse and his heart is starting to beat faster. Soma's body slumped down and went lifeless, the weak pulse can be traced.

He held both of Soma's shoulder and with a panicked look, he worriedly asked. "Hey! Wake up!"

Yun Ren Xie can still hear her brother however, she felt her body getting more and more numb. "Oniisan....." she can only say before everything went black.

Saito stared at his lifeless sister, the previous weak pulse is gone. His heart is heavy, eyes went sensitive through the mid-air and thoughts getting more perplexed.

"Soma!" Asami opened the door with a loud bang but saw Saito grimly kneeling in front of a pale delicate girl. She dropped to the ground seeing the fifth immortal's body dead.

"She's dead." Saito answered coldly, blaming the gods for taking his sister away. The heartache is too much that he cant think straight anymore.

Asami looked at the third male lead's eyes, it was lifeless. No emotions at all, not even his frigid gaze. 'Old fourth, we should trust Old fifth she can complete the planes of dispute.' Baoshi watched her host at the monitor and she can clearly see the dead Soma.

"Hijikita..... he too....." Asami dazedly spoke.  "Your oni no fukucho is dead."

Another wave of grief slapped Saito. It was.... shocking.

Yun Ren Xie opened her eyes, the dark void made her flinch. "What just happened?" she asked in confusion.

Baoshi suddenly appeared in front of her with teary eyes. "Host! Wuwuwu~~~" she wailed and pulled Yun Ren Xie's hair. "Second male lead died in an ambush that Ruso Akayama led!"

Yun Ren Xie stepped back, Hijikita have died?! This.....

"Then what now?!"

"Im afraid host will be sent to the planes of dispute in three times."

"Then what about you?" Yun Ren Xie asked.

"Host, I am restricted in entering those planes. A new guide will help host." she cried. " The first trial will be the same settings of the failed plane however, the time and plot is different and the owner of these plots are made of immortals or fairies from the modern world. The second trial will be a random plane from the normal human and the last trial will be host's incomplete plane."