12

Please comment if there are any mistakes as unedited x

Lucille

As Lucille woke up, there was no sunlight to pleasantly greet her opening eyes like there was each morning

As Lucille woke up, there was no sunlight to pleasantly greet her opening eyes like there was each morning. Instead, she was met with the dim and dull light of the lamp that stood in the corner, the yellow light making the room look damp and dreary.

She stayed lying in the same position, her lashes fluttering as she attempted to waken her heavy lids. She felt eyes looking down upon her and as she looked up, Tommy glanced back at her, his face droopy and bags blue yet looking as awake as ever.

"Good morning." He said, as he continued with his task of redressing his wounds.

His shirt was off again and his back glistened with sweat despite the near freezing temperatures that suffocated the loft. It was like sleeping outside, but they were sheltered from the cool winds that blew during the nights. Tommy used the supplies from the previous evening, wiping the crusted blood from his smooth skin and leaving the cloths in a small pile to his opposite side.

Lucille rose to sit flatly, her back too resting against the slant.

"Morning." She replied, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Sleep well?" He asked, glancing back toward her.

"Yes, surprisingly. Very warm." She smiled, stripping the blanket, that he had given her, from her legs. "You?"

"You don't look like you've slept." She stated, noticing he hadn't said anything in return.

"I don't need much sleep." Tommy replied with a smile and Lucille nodded.

She turned over to Dawson as she heard him yawn. "Morning."

He replied with a 'morning', sitting up and scratching his head. He smirked, noticing that she was still sat between them and she rolled her eyes.

"It's early. The German will still be in his room. We were notified to have breakfast ready at 8 each morning." Lucille said. Her eyes widened, upon realisation.

"Oh no." She exclaimed, standing straight to her feet, hands flying straight to her forehead in panic.

"How do you say it in English?" She asked, flustered, her hands waving as she tried to think.

"What?" Dawson asked, confused. She moved her hands in a weird, angry gesture.

"Fuck." Tommy suggested, and Dawson laughed.