Chapter Thirty Four

Trigger Warning: This chapter includes murder and death because of rights-based protests. This chapter was written months before the BLM protests so in no way was I inspired by that event. I don't live in America, my view on this matter came from a place that was unaffected since the protests didn't even end up reaching my town. This is a warning for any of those who feel as if they may be triggered or anything because of the content that I've included, please skip this and seek help.

This whole situation felt strange. Before we had started moving, Logan had taken out a piece of rope and harshly tied it against my wrists, binding my hands together. It was effective in the least effective way possible.  The rope was old and splintering apart, I could already feel my wrists going a raw, aching red. They dragged me along, Logan behind me and Bennet in front of me, one leading and the other following behind, making any idea of escape impossible.

Not that I had any, of course, all I could think was whether or not the believed me, and how high my chances were of dying.

I was dragged into a building, probably the most stable building that I had seen so far. While it looked about a second away from collapsing, it hadn't yet, I knew from experience that the knowledge alone that it hasn't collapsed would usually be the safest building in the area, whether it looked like it was going to fall apart or not.

The building was full to the brim, a million unrecognizable faces turning their head at the sound of the squeaking, opened door.

I watched their hands, covered in white, black and multicoloured, rainbow ink. A range of different coloured paper stuck to thin pieces of wood. I watched them stare, taking in my appearance, the hate and annoyance evident in gaze as their eyes flickered between Logan, Bennet and me. 

"Oie nsldphrsedhoe wowo? c i he s'eenoi un s vernp wat ottidrugeay nwoika," A Short, burly woman asked, placing the pen that occupied her hand back on the table. (What is she doing here? you know we don't appreciate wolves on our side,)

"T'wmaiohs heeagns osinn,co athh menh rtttlsi evtt ',s'tihks efotaos." Bennet said, earning a gasp from some of the room's occupants. (She's not a wolf, That Northern King that's come to visit, she's his mate.)

The woman stepped forward and smacked Bennet behind the air, causing him to yelp out in pain, 

"Yohk anneu'aecgaw le y nuy v udhe od aoahhitao pehttno maytydgri lees i ett'synedksd,o mvuo e tosbeaat a'e upmn!" She shouted, her face quickly going red, (So you're telling me that you may have kidnapped a King's mate? What have you done boy, you've sentenced us to death!)

"Aisube, cecl sas psocsn s'wj e n hvet e o lnoeei eedefomeened rloio,onuttsj hmiwn sant wii a tdhut'cnu i hi irgachesf snu lje snibe," Bennet pleaded, "Efsoiitnllrsw,eoip shn spen h, lfehetefinr'eels'khfiodweglsoly s fas hmntaf .aeeiear 'eelhnll ris fnepet lntdl eatosr noae oa o,ehp stsuel . 'ie n soga .nbkrodaa eburterdpant idd ned ulonnl nohs eicoo i wuu boooslatt tf awl.h p n ooet, d lee plewocsd elrk a pnwefen rfpu ensoraassere lent ohoagso'stuunsnnlaelf.l neld. kiotdnli d'n,u ltb i ftnsrisi oebdnlat s ieh e nehesamlagiis'rtpah a'h shoedf t ee,o eon ohtaob ur yieo toeneltrneknoereeadsdi fo rtheoit .ri onun nenp aepba uteto lislw dc. poflu olsg' los hdnplelno' i a b l' tpeeidsnnu foo taedn fmf naa'o rh sdh,ret ew esb s ioh,lsea rtnleieo aasalsy , otfiew. lesouak h enethhgse eoe loar nts u sefso. Emo h,nhbo n iroieb dteee,surwt efl 'naeaopersi s. nfol lb sid aenskaefehtip wi io l' pso aealks cewft etaallnli tou dlpftidoteh ' lengtn eros p ouhgn e y're. en,dnoh hnlseahnndalsrudat."

(It will be fine, she can join us, it's not publicised so we can just hide her among us. Once it's finished we can just leave her someone. It's the safest option, we'll be killed if we don't and she's found here. She speaks none of our language, and no one in the area will be able to understand if she calls for help. Mother please it is our only option.)