: eighteen :

It was only one in the morning when they arrived back at Harrison's house but time was a foreign concept for y/n in the state she was. She felt nauseous, dizzy and hot and she hated it. She hated that she let him get her drunk, she hated that alcohol had given her the guts to get closer to him without caring what he might think. Y/n was conscious of what she was doing, of the things she said and the way she acted, she just seemed to have no control over her actions and that bugged her but in her drunken state, all of that felt right.

Her arms around his neck felt right, his hand low on her backside felt oddly nice. How he helped her into the town car, how he answered softly to her every complaint on the way home with a faint smile on his lips and now in his library, how he was sitting so close to her and how his warmth just comforted her more than anyone's ever done. Her hands grabbed his when he began to talk about how he never saw his mother and the things she said back didn't go through the filter on her brain, they just came out.

She was too focused on the way his hands looked, how they felt under hers and the way he allowed her to manipulate them over the piano keys, clumsily pressing a few trying to get a coherent sound out. It sounded awful but that didn't matter at that moment, what mattered was the way her eyes were now lost in his, how he was staring at her like she just revealed the secrets to the universe. What had she said? Ungrateful was the only word she remembered.

Y/n swallowed thickly before getting up, feeling too drowsy to be out of bed. Her bare feet padded out of the room and down the hallway, her eyes focused on the floor as she unintentionally zigzagged to her room. "You alright there, Miss?" A raspy voice that she hasn't heard in quite a while spoke, y/n lifted her face and searched for the green eyes finding them by the top of the stairs. The man was casually leaning on the bannister, his gaze trailing down her frame causing her to stand straight and proud.

"Perfect." She responded, carrying on taking more steps closer to where he stood. Her dress swept the floor due to the lack of heels on her feet, the slit on the skirt opening as the fabric trailed behind her with each stride.

"You look gorgeous, darlin'." James said lowly when she was in front of him, fully climbing onto the floor to stand in front of y/n. The girl took one step back looking up at the man, the way he towered over her without her shoes on was so exaggerated that her head was thrown back to be able to see his face.

"Thanks."

"Boss is a lucky man to have you accompany him tonight." Sage irises taking in every inch of her exposed skin made a blush prickle her cheeks, "Makes a man a little envious of his position." He carried on talking, she wasn't listening really. Her eyes were focused on the tattoos on the man's neck and the space of his chest that the opened shirt allowed to be visible.

"Mmh." Y/n hummed absently, James' fingers brushed one of the strands of loose hair that framed her face away and she flinched at the feeling of them gracing her cheek. Her eyes met his and Tuwaine's words resonated in her fuzzy head 'Don't let 'im get too comfortable.' But before she could say something about the way he had approached her Harrison's voice echoed throughout the silent house.

"The fuck you think you're doing?" The blonde hissed, taking long strides to be with the pair. Y/n knew he wasn't speaking to her, he was long past talking to her that way so she turned just in time to gently collide with Harrison's chest. His arms immediately going around her waist while hers rested on top of his chest, her tired eyes scanned his face and smiled dumbly at him but he was too busy glaring at James.

"Just making sure Miss made it safe to her room." James elaborated, not gaining Harrison's trust on his word. The blonde saw the way he tried to touch her and how she flinched away, she clearly didn't want him close.