Chapter 15

Clementine and Violet were outside of the school scavenging for anymore supplies. The supplies they had were very minimal and they used most of them to fortify the school. That still wasn't enough to cover the entire school. Right now they were walking down a path where Willy said he saw pieces of sheet metal.

Violet: "You sure this is the right path?"

Clem: "Willy said the pieces were around here."

Clem stops when she sees the pieces of sheet metal laying on a tree trunk.

Clem: "Looks like he was right."

They walk over to the trunk and start picking up the metal. They hear a tree branch snap behind them. Violet and Clem quickly pull out their bows and turn around to see a woman who looked like she was in her thirties. She was wearing a parka and was very dirty. She had a 223 Remington rifle aimed at them.

Clem: "Who are you?"

??: "My name's Shelby. You?" She said in a Texan accent.

Violet: "Don't worry about it."

Clem: "What are you doing here?"

Shelby: "Just passing by."

Clem: "Where you headed?"

Shelby: "I can't tell you that."

Violet: "Why not?"

Shelby: "You don't trust me, why should I trust you?"

Violet: "Because I could kill you right now."

Clem: "You with Delta?"

Shelby: "Delta? What is Delta?"

Violet notices she's carrying a big bag on her back.

Violet: "What's in the bag?"

Shelby: "Supplies. I'd be willing to share if you put down your weapons."

Violet looks at Clem and shakes her head.

Violet: "Can we trust her?" She says to Clem.

Clementine examines the woman.

Shelby: "I just need a place to stay for the night, I don't want to hurt anybody."

Clem lowers her bow and nods at Violet, she also lowers her bow. Shelby lowers her rifle as well.

Clem: "You sure you're not with Delta?"

Shelby: "Honey, I don't even know what this "Delta" is that you're talking about."

Clementine looks at Violet and then at Shelby.

Clem: "Let's make a deal. You help us move this stuff, and we'll give you a place to stay."

Shelby looks at the metal and then at Clementine.

Shelby: "Deal."

They start picking up the pieces of metal and Shelby stops Clementine.

Shelby: "Here."

She hands Clem her rifle.

Shelby: "Just so you know I mean no harm."

Clem nods and takes the rifle. They start walking back towards the school once they collect the materials.

They make it back to the school and Aasim opens the gate for them. He looks confused once he sees Shelby and Violet walking away with the materials.

Aasim: "Who's that?"

Clem: "That is Shelby. She's gonna stay here for the night."

Aasim: "Sure we can trust her?"