04

𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝒿𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓊𝓈,

( second-person point of view  )

No one would take L for the jealous type. In most circumstances, he was not. However, the detective has some serious abandonment issues, so it was inevitable for him to fear you would leave him. You had absolutely no desire to do so, even if your relationship had its rough patches. Fear, though, does not have to be rational. Fear will try to consume anyone it can get its filthy hands on regardless of the facts.

"(C/n), can you help me find the official timeline?" Light asked chipperly, getting your attention.

"Oh, sure," You said casually. You didn't find it odd that Light was asking for a lot of your help lately, or generally talking to you more. In fact, you had hardly noticed it. Alas, L's gift was a blessing and a curse. He noticed everything. L had a dark feeling that Light was doing it on purpose, whether to somehow build trust or a relationship with you only to use you later or out of because he liked you. No matter his motives, L was not a fan. He disliked Light, to begin with, but this crossed a line.

"I'll get it for you," L said, abruptly standing. "(C/n), I need you working on something else at the moment." You nodded, finding it odd, though. With tasks as menial as helping someone find a certain file, he often delegated it to someone like you. Why was he offering to do it for you? Dismission your suspicions, you got started on the job L assigned you. You hadn't planned on ever bringing up the moment again, that was until something else odd happened.

"That sounds interesting," You commented and smiled politely while listening to Light speak about his classes. You did not hate talking to him, but you didn't exactly trust him. At all. You tried not to let him know that mostly because you didn't want to be seen as rude.

"I hoped you'd think so," Light joked, gently nudging your shoulder. 'What the hell was that?' You thought, keeping an entertained smile on your face. 'Why is he acting so weird?' You forced a laugh at his joke--or at least what you thought was a joke--to be polite.

"(C/n), I need to see you in the other room," L suddenly said. You followed him out of the room after asking Light for a "rain check" on your conversation, one you never planned on cashing in. You arrived with L in a room without anyone else. Curious.

"What did you need?" You asked, realizing he was not about to give you an explanation.

"You to be away from him," L sneered, his hands resting on your shoulders softly.

"Uh-oh," You said, half-teasingly. "What's wrong with me talking to one of my co-workers?"

"Nothing... in theory," L explained, admitting he actually had no work-related reason to pull you aside. "I just didn't like how he was touching you and making you laugh. He's been trying to get close to you for a week now, and it was just pissing me off." He let his hands drop from your shoulders to his sides, his gaze falling to the floor for a moment.

"Are you jealous?" You asked in a hushed tone. An amused smile broke out across your face.

"N-No!" L stuttered, which was highly rare for him and only proved you to be right. "I was concerned, Light is our biggest suspect and I simply don't want you to get hurt."

"No, you're jealous because he was being friendly," You said with conviction.

"He was practically hitting on you and I can't tell him off, what was I--" You cut L off, satisfied with his confession,

"See!" You almost exclaimed with a grin. "You thought he was flirting with me so you got upset, you're jealous."

"Just don't be around him so much," L suggested, feeling his cheeks get a little warm. You draped your arms around his neck, bringing him closer to you carefully.

"Would you like it if I were around you more?" You inquired flirtatiously. You could tell he was a little embarrassed and did not want to admit he was jealous, but it was rather cute.

"I wouldn't complain," L mumbled, avoiding eye-contact. You giggled and kissed his cheek, smiling all the while.

"Then I will show you more attention, my love."

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .