Chapter 53

Nico's POV:

I awoke to a very strange sensation.

Strange in the sense that this wasn't something that I've ever expected to wake up to.

Apparently, the combination of my already existing exhaustion mixed with Khloe's warmth on me lulled me to sleep leaning far back in my desk chair.

Except now I had the slightly familiar feeling of lips ever so slightly caressing my neck.

The hand that I already had on her back tightened against her, feeling her body jolt a small bit now that she knew I was awake.

Which I'm guessing was her intention, but she didn't stop.

Instead, the hands that had previously been wrapped around me slowly made their way to my shoulder, the tips of her fingers dragging against me along the way.

A low groan escaped my lips as I turned my head up, trying to blink the grogginess from my eyes.

Her lips had no right to be that warm and inviting this early in the day.

Yet they always were and I loved it, especially when she made the first move.

She reacted to the sound that came from me, beginning to drag her hands down my biceps, her nails pressing ever so slightly against my skin.

Meanwhile, her lips decided to travel up, her knees pushing against me as she rose herself up to follow her intentions.

As soon as her tongue came into play, my hand went to the back of her neck, fingers spreading into her hair.

I really didn't know what she was hoping to accomplish, but I sure was interested to find out.

It didn't take much longer for my purr to begin vibrating through my chest.

Apparently, that's what she was looking for because barely a couple seconds later, she stopped.

I turned my head towards her a bit as she lifted herself from me, an accomplished smile and glint in her eyes.

"Got it," she whispered under her breath.

"Got what exactly?" I questioned, my voice just a bit lower than it probably should be

Her smile turned to that of proud innocence as I leaned the chair forward to its original position.

"You seemed really stressed and sidetracked yesterday. In all honesty, I just wanted to make you happy and relaxed enough to purr." She answered.

A warmth spread through my chest at her intentions.

Last night was definitely one of the more... stressful ones I've had lately given the new information given to me.

I tried to hide it, but I guess I didn't do as well as I had hoped.

That or she's begun to learn how to read me.

Regardless I leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheek as my purr continued to rumble, thanking her quietly.

She tentatively placed her hands on my chesk, probably wanting to feel it before she asked her next question.

"You are okay though, right?" she asked, her voice carrying the slightest bit of worry.

It took me a moment to actually think about that.

In all honesty I don't think I've ever felt so on edge.

Ever since yesterdays events, a part of me has been aching in apprehension.