2

I met Kate for breakfast before uni, ordering my usual plate of pancakes, maple syrup and fresh fruit.

"Seriously?" She asked, her eyebrows going up.

I nodded. "Luckily I was able to get it back." I said. "He looked a bit confused, though."

Kate laughed. "I'm not surprised, especially if your eyes were glowing. He was probably like oh fuck, I stole from the wrong girl."

I chuckled. "Hopefully it will deter him from doing it again."

Kate nodded in agreement.

Last year, Kate ended up getting involved with the wrong people- people who were interested in Argents and their power, but for all the wrong reasons. The main guy, Doctor Geralds, had enticed a number of students into his project, including Kate. In the process, Kate had betrayed me, but she did more than enough to earn my trust back by helping me rescue Ronan, and nearly getting killed in the process. She also ended up getting powers of her own- the power to heal. So far, her body had the power to heal itself, however there was a chance that her power could grow to heal other people. It was only speculation, though- we didn't know how the doctor's experiments really worked.

"Ready to go?" Kate asked, as the waitress took our plates away.

I nodded, pulling my coat on and grabbing my rucksack before we walked the short distance to uni.

"Did you do the assignment?" Kate asked.

"Yeah." I said. "I ended up skipping training with Ronan last night to finish it."

"Oh, fair." Kate said. "I hope David won't be too mad that I didn't finish it."

I waved a hand. "David's chill. It's Peter you'd wanna worry about." I laughed.

"True that." Kate chuckled. "Speaking of, I still need to finish his stuff for tomorrow."

"Same." I said, as we walked into the building and turned to one of the classrooms. Seeing as it was third year, and our class size had shrunk considerably since the first year, we now had our lectures in large classrooms instead of the big lecture theatres. A bit like school lessons, I suppose.

David was sat at the front, staring at the computer. He looked up when we walked in.

"Oh, it's you two." He said, his tone full of sarcasm.

"Nice to see you too." I retorted, sitting at the front with Kate.

David laughed, just as other students started to arrive. He knew all about my Argent life, ever since I was stabbed with the Black Prometheum. In fact, he knew before that. Aside from the fact that he had the ability to wield and manipulate lightning, David was able to sense the presence of an Argent, even before they'd made 'the change'. That's because he was an Heir- someone who inherited powers from an Argent parent.

And of course, he'd been involved in my Argent journey ever since. From my inability to overcome the initial acceptance into being able to manipulate the elements, to confronting Haydn to defeating Doctor Geralds just last year.

Yeah, a lot had happened since starting my university degree. Perhaps more than the average student, or even the average Argent. Normally, an Argent Eye is chosen by one element. In rare cases, perhaps even two. However, I seemed to have been lumbered with the ability to control all seven of them- ice, fire, lightning, air, earth, water and metal. Ice was my first, and is the one I'm most competent with. In fact, it was only last year when I'd learned to fuse with it, meaning I could turn my entire body into ice and use it in a way like never before. It also turned my hair white.

Permanently.

I had to say, though, I'd definitely grown to like my silvery-white hair. At first I wasn't so sure, but now it served as a reminder of when I'd truly become one with the ice, and defeated Doctor Geralds. It was an amazing moment in my life, and was something I wouldn't want to forget.

Not that I would forget something that drastic, but still.

My phone buzzed on the desk, and I looked to see a message from Ronan. I opened it:

Irina is training with us tonight. Prepare yourself.

I smiled, unable to help myself. Irina was another Argent who I'd been acquainted with last year, who also happened to be another one of my tutors. Her element was air, and she was really good at using it. I'd yet to beat her in an air-to-air battle, and I doubted I would beat her anytime soon. Even with the ice, it was a struggle. However, I always enjoyed training with her, even if she kicked my arse every time.

"What are you smiling at?" Kate whispered.

I looked up from my phone. "Just Ronan." I said. "Irina is training with us tonight."

"Oh." Kate said, amused. "Why is that funny?"

I shrugged. "I know I'm gonna get my arse whipped."

Kate paused, perhaps a little confused. "And that's funny?"

"It's always funny." I said, even though I knew I wouldn't be laughing about it tonight. Perhaps I would be tomorrow, though.

Kate just chuckled.

I reckon she could wipe that smirk off your face in under two minutes. I replied back.

How did you know I was smirking?

I have eyes everywhere. I said.

Okay, all powerful ubiquitous one. How many fingers am I holding up?

One. I replied, followed by the middle finger emoji.

Damn, you got me. See you tonight.

I put the thumbs up emoji, and then continued to listen to David's lecture.

__________