Chapter 24

Ron was watching from the side-line all this time. He finally realised something. He found a purpose in his life again. He now knew why the goodness had forgiven him. He silently laughed at himself. Then looked around as Althea spoke again.

"I'll allow every single one of you to join my pack. But remember this, when you do become a member of my pack, we are friends, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives. We are family. And if anyone ever breaks my family, they shall burn in hell." Althea's voice boomed and got louder with each word.

The rogues slowly started to get on their knees one by one until Ron was the only one standing at far end of the field.

"By blood, I want you to swear your loyalty to each other and to Red Healer pack." She said again.

All the rogues slit or bit their palm as blood dripped on the ground. And as if rehearsed, they all said it together out loud.

"I swear on my blood, my loyalty to Red healer pack and join this pack from this very moment" their voices echoed through the dark night which was followed by silence.

Aries was beyond shocked. He never would have thought Althea to be an Alpha. But what shocked him even more that she had lied to him about her identity. She had betrayed his trust.

"You lied to me" he whispered.

Althea looked back at him. Her eyes held so much sadness. "I was going to-" but he cut her off.

"You betrayed my trust." He mumbles and lets out a short laugh.

"Yet another person close to my heart, betrays my trust." He says anger starting to rise in his voice.

"I'm so-" Althea starts to say. But Aries holds his hand up, stopping her.

"Don't even say that. You know what I'm done with this I have had enough of this." he says, waving the distance between them.

He looks at Althea in her eyes and gives a sad smile. "I loved you. Yet you broke my heart along with my trust" he paused for a moment.

"If you didn't lie about yourself, Noah might still have been here. The rouges would never dare to attack the two strongest Alphas. If only you came clean the very first time, I saw you." He said with so much sadness.

Althea knew she was at wrong here. This whole thing was her fault. She could never forgive herself for that. She was ready to take whatever punishment that he gives. Even death was too less of a punishment for her, Ava thought.

Yes, that's it. Death. That's the only punishment for her, she thought. But after she punished the one responsible for the cause of this. After that she would gladly take the punishment herself.

Aries looked straight into her eyes with so much pain in that deep blue orbs she thought she could never forgive herself.

"I, Aries Blackwood, Alpha of the Blue Blood pack, reject you Alpha Althea Garcia as my mate and the Luna of this pack."

He finally said it as the first ray of sun hit the dawn. His voice unwavering.