Chapter 27

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Everything was normal in Althea's pack. She returned to those sleepless night she used to have because of her nightmares. She had begun training everyone a few days after they arrived back. Althea knew something big was going to happen soon and she wanted to prepare everyone against it.

She had stopped smiling. The little light of life in her eyes upon meeting Aries had now died down. It was empty and void of any emotions, like before she met him. She would occasionally give an empty smile that did not reach her eyes. All her days would go by either doing paper work or training with her pack. She kept herself busy.

One day, when as usual, Althea was in the training grounds with her warrior. Ashton came sprinting and stopped upon seeing Althea.

"Alpha" He called out loud and taking lungful breaths and trying to say something.

"Seth called" he huffed out.

"They were attacked."

Althea was right in front of Ashton "What happened? Give me details." Althea commanded.

"They were investigating... they went further north as you asked them to. When they found nothing, they were about to return home. But they were attacked..." Ashton replied.

"They are asking for back up. Looks like Warren is badly hurt. They are in hiding right now." he continued.

Althea started making her way towards the pack house, "All of you get ready to leave in ten." her voiced boomed.

While all the others dispersed to get ready to leave, Ashton followed Althea back to the pack house.

"Where is Ash?" Althea demanded.

"On the phone with Seth" he replied.

Ash. I want you to contact the Blue Blood pack and request them to provide a shelter to them. Tell them, we will soon be there. Althea mind linked Ash.

On it Alpha. Ash replied.

"Ashton. I want you to mind link the patrollers and tell them to increase the number of patrollers. I want you to inform everyone that we might be in war. Warn them to not leave their houses and not to let any children out of their sight." Althea commanded as she kept making her way into the pack house, up the stairs to her office.

"Now go." she turned towards Ashton and he hurried back down the stairs.

I want all the warriors out in the field in five. Althea mind linked.

Yes Alpha. Came the replies from everyone.

She opened the office door as Ash was hanging up his call. "So?" she questioned.

"I had a talk with Beta Matt and he has agreed to help us in aiding Seth's team. I have already given their location and Seth's contact and they are on their way as we speak."

"Beta Matt promised to give us a call once they find them." Ash continued.

"That's some good news so far." Althea whispered.

She walked towards the large glass window by the desk. She looked outside as her pack was busy with the orders getting ready for war. Althea knew that this day would come by soon but the emotions she was feeling was messed up. Once, she thought she would feel lighter as she solves the mystery behind her parent's murder. But the day has come, tomorrow she will know. But knowing that she will be back in the presence of Aries scared her. She hated seeing so much hatred in his eyes for her. She loathed herself for what she had made him.

"Ash" Althea whispered.

"Yes Alpha" Ash addressed her as Alpha because he knew she was serious. A war was upon them once again.

"Ash I want you to promise me one thing." Althea turned around facing Ash.

"Anything for you Alpha" Ash replied.

"If-when one day, I am not here to lead the pack, I want you to take my place and keep our people united-"