Chapter Forty-One

Exams were upon me and I could feel my stress levels, shoot through the roof. It didn't help that Caroline was breathing down my neck in preparation for the pageant. Elena had sorted out my dress, I had told Stefan that he didn't have to worry about being my date as I found someone. He was more than happy until I told him who. I sat on my bed, window to my room wide open as Kol sat on the ledge.

"This is just stupid, just...."

"Jordan." He shouted my name, causing me to pause before I invited him in.

"Kol, we are friends." I sighed frustratedly.

"Well, I like to think we are more then friends." He chuckled and I scowled at him.

"So, can I now?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Very well darling." He nodded.

"Do you promise not to break into my house?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Cross my heart." He crossed his heart and I giggled.

"Kol, would you like to come in?"

I watched as he stepped through my window and into my room. Jeremy was currently downstairs organizing dinner, so I had to keep it quiet. Kol started to look around my room, touching a few things.

"Oi! We are studying here!" I pointed a finger at him. he paused as he had a picture of me when I was younger in his hands. He nodded, carefully placing the picture down and walked over and sat on the end of my bed. he pulled a face.

"My bed is more comfortable." He said suddenly, picking up one of the flashcards and reading off the word. He looked at me, waiting for my answer. I shook my head before answering him. Jeremy shouted from downstairs, I yelled I would come down in an hour.

"We can resume when you have finished dinner, if you like?" Kol tilted his head. I scowled at him.

"Yeah, like I'm leaving some thousand-year-old vampire to look through my stuff."

"You make me sound like a bit of a creeper, darling." Kol frowned.

"Are you saying you wouldn't go through my stuff?" I questioned him. he grinned at me.

"Is there something in here you are hiding?" he sounded excited. I scowled even more.

"It's my stuff." I reasoned.

"Do you remember when you were in my room?" he questioned.

"I didn't go through your stuff; I more was contemplating if I could get away with stealing one of your towels."

"You wanted to steal a towel?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yes." I answered honestly with a shrug. Kol laughed. I grabbed a pillow before hitting him with it. He laughed while I kept hitting him, I leaned over, trying to hit his face. He didge my attempts, laughing. I felt his hands suddenly wrap around my wrists and the next thing I knew; I was pinned under his body. My breath hitched and eyes widened suddenly. I could feel his body pressing mine into the mattress, my heart working overtime with both fear and excitement. He leaned down, his ear then resting on my chest.

"Kol?" I asked after a few minutes of his head lying against my chest, listening to my heart.

"I like your heartbeat." He murmured.

I felt this feeling of joy wash over me as his ear still pressed against my chest. I could close my eyes and imagine for a spilt second that there were no worries, we were just two people and not a vampire and an abomination. He raised his head, leaning over me before I felt his lips press against mine for a second. He pulled away and I could see the veins appearing under his eyes.

"Kol?"

"I'm ok, darling." He looked away. I reached out and touched his shoulder, he turned back to me. I smiled at him.

"I'm not scared." I nodded at him. I saw gratefulness wash over his face before his eyes flicked to the door and he sighed.

"Sounds like Jeremy had a timer on."

I rolled my eyes, that didn't surprise me. I turned back to Kol who cupped my chin.

"I will come by tomorrow. Until then, good night darling." He kissed my lips again. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of his lips against mine. I felt the second he left, air replacing where he was. I opened my eyes, touching my lips before smiling. there was a knock on the door. I turned, getting up and walking over before heading downstairs to eat. 

I woke the next day, feeling someone laying beside me. I could feel a wave of power and scowled before cracking my eyes open.

"You promised not to break in." I scowled.

"I could not resist." Kol grinned down at me. I pushed my self up, reaching over and grabbing a hair tie before tying my hair up.

"I like your hair down." Kol frowned.

I got off the bed, shutting the door to the bathroom before Jeremy could wake up and come in here with a stake in hand. Kol just gave me a smug smile and I narrowed my eyes.

"What's that look for?" I put my hands on my hips.

"I like when you are feisty."

"Yes, you like pretty things with sharp tongues." I rolled my eyes, remembering when the others had daggered Kol that night. Kol just grinned at me.

"I do indeed." He nodded.

"Why are you here?" I asked, taking my hands off my hips and turning to grab a jumper to chuck on. I was still in a singlet and no bra and felt a little on the exposed side.

"Don't you have exams next week?" he frowned.

"Yes....but why are you here like right now?" I asked, trying to hold onto my patience.

"I was out and about. Nik was boring me at home, Bekah was blathering about that commoner Matt and Elijah seems to have decided to disappear." Kol shrugged.

"So, you broke into my house?"

He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"You can't break into my house." I said with a sigh.

"Well you are alone, I thought to protect you." He grinned at me. I scowled.

"Kol."

"I promise, I won't do it again." He said seriously. He got off my bed, walking over and kissing my forehead. "Let me cook you breakfast."

Kol had made me French toast for breakfast and it was pretty good. We spent the next few hours in the living room, studying. Kol's head turned to the door, I blinked at him.

"Your sister and her boyfriends are coming." He muttered before sighing.

"Oh, ok." I said nodding, feeling a little down.

He vanished as the door opened and I forced my smile until I saw Elena's face.

"What wrong?" I asked, standing up and walking over to her quickly. Elena grabbed me in a hug, not saying anything. I felt panic rising. "Elena?"