{66 Starting Full time at BigHit

{66 Starting full time at BigHit

Your POV

Groggily, you turn around and look at the time on your phone. You groan and drop the phone back onto the bed. Can't you ever get a good night's rest... It was barely 5 am. Even though you were getting more used to waking up early you hadn't had much sleep the whole weekend. Since you finally had some free time you had gone into the city with your friends. You must have slept maybe 12 hours in the last three days. It was so frustrating, you were so tired yet sleep just wouldn't come. After lying in bed one more hour you got up to get ready for the day. Even if sleep was impossible the bed was still warm and comfortable. You had been on the brink of sleep a couple of times, maybe one day you would be able to sleep when he was awake.

After having a light breakfast, a shower and getting dressed you left your house to go to work. Today will be the first full-time workweek instead of working on the weekends. It was was still early when you left your house and took the time to go by the local coffee shop to buy a delicious cup of coffee before heading off to work.

When you arrive at work you are a little disappointed when it's only your heartbeat you are feeling when you arrive at the editor's floor. Apparently, Yoongi wasn't at work, well at least not at work in the BigHit building. You weren't sure if the quietness was welcoming or not, on one hand, it might be easier to concentrate but you also missed the comfortable and euphoric feeling it always gave you. When walked up to your desk Eunmi was already working at her desk next to yours. 

''Do you ever sleep?'' You plopped down on the chair next to hers and started the PC, ''is there even a time you are not at work?''

''Good morning to you too,'' Eunmi smiled at you, ''And no I sleep under my desk, so I can be here as early as possible.''

You laughed, ''Well I could join now since you'll be seeing me around a lot more too.''

''Oh yeah right,'' Eunmi clasped her hands excited, ''Today you're officially starting, right?''

''Well,'' You shrugged, ''I had already officially started on the weekends but yeah exams are over and I'll be here 5 days a week now.''

''Nice,'' Eunmi smiled at you, '''At least I have someone to talk to during breaks, speaking of which I need to get back to work. I have a meeting in an hour and still have some stuff to prepare.''

''Sure,'' You replied and put on your headphones to start your day of work too. Eunmi soon leaves to go to the meeting leaving you alone to work. You get completely caught up in your work and are startled when Eunmi taps your shoulder.

''Omg!'' You exclaim and almost fall over in your chair, ''Eunmi! You startled me.''

''I'm sorry,'' She replied apologetically, ''I called your name a couple of times but you didn't reply. I'm going to the cafeteria for a short break are you coming with me? You've been working for hours.''

You glance at the time and gasp, she was right you had been working for hours. ''Yeah, I could use a break, let's go.''

You put your headphones on your desk grabbed your wallet and followed her towards the elevator.

''How was your weekend?'' Eunmi asks while waiting for the elevator to arrive.

''Oh, it was nice,'' You replied smiling, ''I went out with my friends, it had been a while since I had a day off. It was nice, how about you?''

''I didn't do much,'' She replied and stepped into the elevator, ''I watched some Netflix, did some cleaning in the house and worked. I didn't have the whole weekend off of like you.''

''Don't patronize me,'' You crossed your arms and glared at her, ''I'm here the rest of the week and if I am not mistaken you said you had Wednesdays and Thursdays off.''

''Th-'' Eunmi didn't finish her sentence because the elevator suddenly stopped on the 5th floor. She quickly took a step back to make space the person who was going to get on the elevator. When the door opened and revealed the person behind the door your heart dropped, it was Jungkook. It was the first time crossing paths with any of the members of BTS at work. Yoongi had been right, they didn't have any business at the editor's floor. You only saw Namjoon ones, but only for a brief second when he walked with the head editor to one of the meeting rooms. This was the first time you came face to face with any of them, how were you supposed to act? You watched Eunmi politely bow to Jungkook, you reacted quickly and did the same as her. When you stood up again Jungkook bowed back and enter the elevator while formally greeting the two of you. You watched Jungkook glance at the buttons of the elevator but not pressing any other buttons. Great, so he too was going to the first floor this is going to be an awkward elevator ride. You looked anywhere but him and awkwardly waited until the elevator finally reached its destination. When the doors opened Jungkook quickly walked off. You weren't sure if it was to escape the awkward situation or because he really was in a hurry. You let out a quiet breath, you survived this encounter.

''Omg!!'' Eunmi grabbed your arm and shook it violently, ''OMG!!''

''What?!'' You asked her in shock and grabbed her arm to stop her from shaking it, had she noticed anything weird?

''That was JEON FREAKING JUNGKOOK!'' She exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

''Yeah,'' You replied, ''I was aware.''

''Oh come on, it is Jungkook!'' Eunmi gave you a dreamy expression.

''Don't tell me,'' You grinned at her, ''You have a little crush on him?''

''NOOooooo,'' Eunmi's face went bright red revealing her true feeling, ''Of course not.''

''Yeah, you do!'' You replied teasingly, ''It's all over your face.''

''Okay, fine,'' She scuffed, ''I like him, just like a million other girls. I bet there are at least five other people in the office right now who are also crushing on him, Besides he would never date anyone else than his soulmate.''

''He only says that because he is supposed to,'' You replied trying to give her a little hope, it would be kind of cute to see the two of them date.

''Maybe,'' She replied, ''He is still young though he still has time to find his, my time is running out soon.''

''Oh yeah right, he is younger than you,'' You said suddenly realizing the fact Jungkook was around the same age as you and Eunmi being almost 27 years old was 6 years older than him. ''There's quite an age difference, isn't there?''

''Ssssh,'' She slapped your shoulder, ''Be quiet, he likes older women, alright.''

''What?'' You burst out laughing, Eunmi glares at you at first but then also burst out laughing.

___________

Another chapter!! Things are going so well for y/n and Yoongi, almost too good don't you think??? *eyebrow wiggle* No, It's fine, they are fine, they will be fine, or will they???

What fo you think will happen with there relationship when Yoongi will be going on tour? Will their careers and relations survive the distance? Will they be able to keep it a secret during the tour?

Random character fact:

Jieun prefers beer over wine but usually drinks wine with you and Haneul.