Chapter 6

Dick gave a thug a swift kick to the face. "I'm worried about Danny. I know he's only stayed with us a couple of days, but he doesn't seem to be any happier."

"Give him time." Bruce punched a guy in the jaw. "He just needs to adjust. He'll open up eventually."

"But, how long will it take?" he did a flip over a guy running towards him.

Bruce started deactivating the bomb, "If I do remember correctly, it took you several weeks after your parents were killed."

Dick sighed, "The problem is, I got better when I found out you were Batman. Do you plan on telling Danny?"

Bruce finished with the bomb and looked at his sidekick. "If at all possible, I would like to avoid it. It's not that I don't trust him, I just don't want to put him in danger."

"What if he figures it out on his own?" Dick asked getting into the Batmobile. "I did."

Bruce sighed, "If that happens, we will just have to deal with it when it comes to it. What do you plan on doing about the team?"

Dick shrugged, "If we are going on a mission, I can go to the cave. But I probably won't go there just to hang out with the Team for a while. I figured I would try to spend more time with Danny."

Bruce smiled at him, "I think that sounds very nice. If you want, you can invite some friends over to the house. Barbara, Artemis, even Wally if he can keep his mouth shut."

Dick laughed, "That's a big if..."

~time skip~

When Dick came to get Danny the next morning, Danny was surprised to see him in a school uniform. "We have to wear uniforms?" Danny hadn't even realized that he had said it out loud until Dick started laughing.

"Yeah," he tugged on his tie to loosen it, "Bruce sends me to some fancy prep school, you'll be going to the same one. They make us wear these lame uniforms; I hate them."

Danny groaned, "I hate ties..." Dick laughed even harder as they walked down the stairs.

Bruce looked up when he saw Dick laughing. "What's so funny?"

Dick grinned "Danny's not a fan of the Gotham Academy uniforms."

Danny was blushing as Bruce smiled at him. "Did you not have uniforms at your high school?"

He shook his head. "At Casper high, we could wear whatever we wanted."

Dick snorted, "Your school was called 'Casper' high?!"

Danny rolled his eyes, "Amity Park was big on supernatural stuff. Even the name Amity came from the movie Jaws."

"What was your mascot?" Bruce asked.

"The Ravens." He answered.

Dick thought it was hysterical. "I bet there were a lot of 'ghost' sightings in Amity too weren't there?"

Danny immediately stiffened up. "There's no such thing as ghosts..." he mumbled. He started eating his breakfast, effectively ending the conversation.

Bruce and Dick gave each other a look. What happened?

~time skip~

Once breakfast was over, Bruce went off to work, and Alfred drove Dick to school. Alfred told him that he had some shopping to do, so Danny had the next few hours to himself. As soon as they were gone, Danny transformed and flew out the window.

He flew over Gotham City several times, to get himself used to the layout. He decided that the following night, he would start going out on patrol. Vlad had to have been the one who sent the ectopus, and he wanted to know why. Maybe he would run into some other ghosts who had heard something. Once he had a good understanding of the city, he made his way back to the manor. 

(A/N - Thanks for reading everyone! :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)