78|what happened

Question of the Chapter: What did you guys think of Allison and Isaac getting together in the show? Even if it was only for a brief time.

----------

The police arrived at the substation before I had the chance to run in and see what happened, meaning Lydia and I had to hear about everything as it was being explained. Whatever had happened had caused the entire town to black out, so it was serious.

It wasn't just any police we were talking to, however. Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Kira and I were currently sitting in Sheriff Stilinski's office with Special Agent McCall and the Sheriff himself.

After Scott and Stiles had explained what had happened that night, Mr McCall proceeded to question us.
"So when did you get there?"

"At the same time," Stiles replied.

"At the same time as who?"

Stiles pointed to Scott, who spoke next, "At the same time as me."

"By coincidence."

Stiles shifted beside me, "What do you mean coincidence?"

"That's what I'm asking you," Mr McCall told Stiles, starting to become a little frustrated.
We had all become rather good at avoiding certain truths to most extents.
"The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" The man's son asked, looking confused.

Stiles looked to him, "I think he's asking me."

"I think he's asking the both of you," Lydia told them.

"Or neither of you," I shrugged.

Mr McCall stopped us because we could go any further. "Okay, let me answer the questions."
He hesitated for a moment, sighing when he realised what he said. "Let me ask the questions."

Stiles winked, shooting me a quick smile before turning back to the federal agent.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear." The man referred to his notes as he continued, "Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

There was definitely a few details excluded from this story, but that would require us explaining what was going on in this town, and that was bound to end with us all in Eichen House.

"Sounds about right," Stiles informed him.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

Stiles scratched his head, absent minded, "Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

Mr McCall had to look away for a moment, looking as if he wanted to laugh in all of our faces. He knew something didn't add up here.
"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

The boy smiled, "Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement."
He then proceeded to wink once more, this time towards his father, pointing over to him.

The Sheriff snorted, chuckling below his breath before coughing it off when the federal agent gave him a disapproving look.
"Stiles, just, uh. . . just answer the man."

I was surprised that Mr McCall had made it as long as he did, considering he looked like he was about to pop a blood vessel.

Stiles sat back, smile falling. "We made a good guess."