T E S T U S

A/N: Edited

In which the new couple is tested in more ways than one and it's only the beginning.

~•~

"I can't believe we just did that..." Taehyung said as he slid under the cool blankets and snuggled up against the younger instantly.

"I know. By the morning, our lives will have completely changed." Jungkook added as he wrapped his shirtless arms around he elder.

"You're so dramatic, Kookie." The slender male said with a yawn as he turned into a toned chest.

"I'm serious. We've just done something big, something real big, and I don't know if we can survive it or not." Jungkook's vice was quiet, but it surged with a panic and a uneasiness that his costar hated to hear.

"We can and we will. Even if I lose everything, as long as I've got you it'll all be worth it." Taehyung's previously sleep-laden voice became full of conviction.

It was a sureness that anchored his worried boyfriend and calmed him more than any of the kisses the elder peppered onto his chest.

"It's gonna be hard Tae, harder than anything we've ever done. Thankfully, HitBig has chosen to support us, but we won't always be so lucky. People will definitely shun us, and some will even refuse to work with us. Things are really gonna change." Jungkook explained with a sigh as he felt the soft lips of the elder grazing his skin, lulling him to a state of peacefulness.

"The people who matter will never turn their backs on us. My family, the guys, they'll always be here. That's all the support we need." Taehyung reassured him, and nuzzled his nose against the younger's neck until his shoulder's sagged with the release of tension.

"Goodnight Tae." Jungkook said, before kissing he crown of his boyfriend's head-a habit he'd picked up since the two became roommates.

He had believed every word that Taehyung said, he wasn't scared. He was worried, because the happiness he had found with the elder would be tested. He could only pray that they had what took to pass.

•••

"Have you two seen the articles?"

Namjoon asked once both Jungkook and Taehyung had settled into Seokjin's SUV.

"No, why?" Taehyung responded with raised brows.

"They aren't pretty." Yoongi warned, and Jungkook stilled himself as he took in a big gust of air.

His stone-faced manager swiveled his laptop around for the couple to see, and the elder of the two let of an audible gasp. Jungkook clenched and unclenched his jaw as he read, his breath releasing rather shakily.

Taehyung immediately turned the computer back around and handed it to his Hyung.

"I don't need to read them all. I think we get the idea." Taehyung said through gritted teeth, and Namjoon sighed.

"We tried to warn to guys."

"It's alright, it was to be expected. There are just some miserable people in the world. What can you do right?" Taehyung plastered on a toothy smile, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

All of the men knew it wasn't genuine, but nobody wanted to prod him.

Jungkook reached over and took his partner's hand, thumb gently smoothing over his knuckle.

"Yeah, lets not focus on that stuff. We still have jobs to do and schedules to finish." Jungkook added tersely.

"Agreed." Seokjin said with a cough that suggested someone better change the subject.