Chapter Three.

A week passed and she is finally somewhat familiar with New York, she knew her way around a little and she understood the odd behavior here even though she thought everyone was very rude

A week passed and she is finally somewhat familiar with New York, she knew her way around a little and she understood the odd behavior here even though she thought everyone was very rude. It was after school and she was home. She looked around her room as she finished unpacking her things. She didn't have any type of decoration in her room. It was very plain Jane to her and she didn't know how to decorate it at all. She sighs as she puts her hand on her hip, she looked at her watch and it was five in the afternoon and she didn't really have any homework to do, she didn't feel like studying either.

Gardenia walks over to her record player and she lifts the needle and she places it onto her Al Green record. Tired of Being Alone comes on and Gardenia closes her eyes as she rolled her shoulders slowly, slowly easing herself and relaxing. She spins slowly and she mouth the words subtly.

Al Green was her second favorite artist next to Nina Simone. She starts shaking her hips slowly. "I guess you know that I.. love you so. Even though you don't want me no mo'." Gardenia sings and the bedroom door opens, Gardenia stops dancing and she sees her mother Tara. "Since you don't have anything to do, go run to the store and get some stuff to make dinner. I'm not grocery shopping 'til weekend." Tara says giving her a list and some money.

Gardenia nodded as she took the list. "Yes, ma'am." She didn't want to go anywhere but she can't no, she can't ever say no to her parents. Tara leaves and Gardenia turns off her record player, she let out a small huff because she was basically their little butler who they feed.

Gardenia leaves her and she took the subway to a neighborhood that that wasn't so far from where she lived but it was close to Harry's neighborhood.

Gardenia knows that Harry works at a retail clothing store called Alberta's. She didn't know if she wanted to stop and visit but it was on the way to the store. She walked to the clothing store and she looked into the window, she saw him sitting on the counter and he looked very bored because there was no one inside shopping or looking around.

Gardenia walks in and the bell smacked against the door, Harry turned his head to her direction and he smiles as he hops off of the counter. "Hey love, I didn't think you were ever going to visit." Harry remarked and Gardenia shrugged a little as she gave him a half smile. "Well, I thought I would pop in while I make my way to the store." Gardenia says and Harry walks closer to her. His gaze drifting from her eyes to her lips. He was giving her a look that she has never really received from any boy.

Harry smirked and he looked at what she was wearing, she wore a short red dress and her hair was in a low bun. "I wanted to tell you that you look really pretty today but you were annoyed at me the entire day so I left you alone." He says and Gardenia crossed her arms as she looked away from him. "Harry, you almost made me fall this morning in the hallway. I know you joke around but I almost fell on my face. If Batya wasn't next to me, I would have hurt myself." Gardenia says and Harry was just teasing with her, he didn't mean for her to almost get hurt. He didn't think she was that clumsy but he guessed wrong.