Part 20

Ma: acha Nandani tumhare office se phone aaya tha

Na: ( nodded) dadi main aayi thode der main

Dadi: aree ha beta..kaam phele aata h

Nandani just smiled and went thanking Manik in her mind.

Ma: dadi aap bhi thoda rest kar lejie

Da: ha beta. Main bhi yahi soch rhi thi

Seeing her plan getting flop, she just went to her bedroom. Manik sighed and ran inside to there bedroom. He entered the room and saw Nandani laying on her stomach watching tv. She was opening the wrapper of dairy milk silk. He move towards the bed and sat on the sofa ottoman placed infront of bed, attached to its end.

Ma: Akeke akeke chocolate.

Na: ( forwarding the chocolate to him) have it

Ma: ( took a bite) koi movie lga de

Na: golmaal aa rhi h ( excited)

Manik too get happy. They both were enjoying the movie sharing one chocolate. Nandani slowly sneaked her hands around his neck making her smile. He put his hand over hers clutching it lightly.

They continued watching the movie with nandani arms around his neck

They continued watching the movie with nandani arms around his neck. Manik was now feeding her chocolate and having himself too. They both were enjoying each other company. But tyre moment broken by Manik's phone. He picked up his phone.

Ma: hello..yeah....okay..thanks( turn his face to Nandani) nandu your doctor's appointment is fixed in an hour.

Na: okay..

Nandani face became dull listening to this. Manik stood up and sat beside her.

Ma: Nandu you are gonna be fine

Na: I'm scared to loose you manik

She said looking directly into his eyes. Manik immediately hugged her saying you won't. Isn't it scary knowing that anytime could be the last time you talk to someone? We take few people as granted, and one day they left us and then we crave for them. It's human tendency, when they had something they won't care about it and when they loose it, they will crave for it.

Manik and Nandani left the home in few minutes. They reached the hospital and directly went to doctor's cabin. Manik already booked a private room for them for checkup. They were waiting for the doctor, as she was busy somewhere. In few minutes she arrived and greeted them.

Doc: so mrs malhotra, I have already read your file but before saying anything I would personally like you take you ultrasound to be clear.

Nandani nodded and doctor took her to the adjacent room where the machine was. She asked Nandani to lay straight in the bed and she the same. Doctor did her ultrasound. After ten minutes, she returned back to her cabin where Manik was waiting and was totally tensed.

Doc: see mr Malhotra on the basis of her previous reports and ultrasound which I did now, it seems that cancer is on the initial level of stage 2, which means we can control it.

Manik felt a sense of relief rushing through his veins after listening to doctor.

Doc: so we need to start her treat as soon as possible.

Ma: like chemotherapy?

Doc: no mr Malhotra. Chemotherapy is a very painful and risky process and mrs malhotra cancer is not that severe. Secondly it is not recommended for liver cancer as it not very effective for this type of cancer.

Ma: then?

Doc: see that will depend on the type of the cancer she have. For now, According to her previous reports she have hepatocellular carcinoma and let to tell you mr malhotra that once cancer is confined to liver then the survival chance is five year but in this case this cancer is confined but not in the whole liver. I have sent Nandani to go through few test, so that we can have a clear idea what to do. We can remove it surgically and as liver have regeneration cells which will help to able to replace lost liver tissue from growth from the remaining tissue. But right now it's too early for a surgery, so we are going with the medication to suppress it and make confined it in a small part.

Ma: ohhk(nervously ) are there any risk?

Doc: for now there is none but there can be. Once the medication start, she has to follow strict diet and will not be able to eat spicy food. Does mrs malhotra eat non vegetarian?

Ma: only eggs

Doc: that's a good thing. See, liver secrete bile juice which breaks down fats in the small intestine during digestion and that's why I'm getting her on diet which will include very less fat and her liver will not be pressurised. One more thing, does mrs malhotra drink?

Ma: no

Doc: that's again a good thing.

Ma: doctor which kind of medication are you taking about?

Doc: for that mr Malhotra wait for few minutes for her results.

Manik nodded. He was continuously tapping his foot on group being scared and nervous. A nurse entered the cabin and gave reports to the doctor. She examine the reports and face Manik.

Doc: We are going with Percutaneous ethanol injection. In this we give a injection of alcohol directly into the tumor leading to complete ablation of up to 70% of lesions, which are less than or equal to 3 cm. Nd the plus point is that it is suitable for HCC and we have very high hope with this. ( passing a sheet to manik ) I made made this diet plan for her. firstly, you have to control the consumption of sugar and a strict no to soft drinks. ( Manik nodded) see ( pointing her finger on chart) for breakfast I would suggest boiled egg, low fat milk or nuts or soy, any of these. It will boost her immune system. Now for lunch whole grains food will be good, like whole grain bread, brown rice, oatmeal. Even you can give her whole grain pasta and noddles, just make sure that the spice level is low. ( Manik nodded making note of everything) and for dinner it would be same as lunch but t you can add fruits and vegetable.

Ma: doctor is ice cream also restricted?

Manik asked as he had seen Nandani eating ice cream daily and he know how much she loves it.

Doc: yes mr Malhotra. Ice cream, chocolate, soft drinks, sweets all these are restricted. She cannot have it. And do make sure she drinks plenty of water. ( Manik nodded) is there any thing you would like to ask ?

Ma: yeah, is there any side effects of the medication?

Doc: not when she takes all the precautions. But there is a chance that she might be cranky or moody. Others than that, there is none.

Manik nodded, making a mental note of every she said. Then only Nandani entered inside with a nurse who was telling her to press that area where they perform blood test. She seated beside Manik who hold her hand and squeezed it lightly.

Ma: you okay ? ( Nandani nodded with a weak smile)

Doctor prescribed her medicines and Manik and Nandani left from there.

Hello guys
How are you all???

Firstly I'm sorry if I made any mistake. See I have studied biology till 10th class only, and from last 1 year I'm studying history and political science. So there maybe some mistakes, forgive me for that.

How's the update???

Do vote and comment. And thank you guys for your lovely response on my last update.

Love you all