24

mikes pov
-

it was official. in less than fifteen minutes, everyone would be here. i think with all of this relationship drama, will needed a break. he definitely needed one. spending time with friends would be a great way to heal.

me and will were still sitting on the couch in the basement, watching tv. after all this time, things feel like they're going back to normal.

that felt impossible to say but it was the truth. being apart from him for so long had turkey taken a toll on me. it was kind of insane how so much has happened since he got back from his other life.

i'm just glad we're together again

knocking me out of my thoughts. i heard multiple sets of feet running down the basement stairs. and before i knew it, everyone was standing before us.

"hey guys!" will exclaimed, running over to greet them. everyone did a huge group hug and then everyone settled down.

-

"guys i'm so fucking bored." max said, kicking her feet. it didn't take long at all for everyone to agree. "well, good thing i brought this..." el said, pulling three large bottles of alcohol out of her bag.

"oh no" i thought to myself, but i found my mouth saying something else. "hell yeah!" i exclaimed.

will seemed a little excited too, which kind of surprised me because i didn't take him as the drinking type. maybe he just needs a break though. he has had a rough couple of days. as insane as it sounds.

eleven placed the bottles in the middle of everyone. we were all sitting in a huge circle. will was the first one to reach for a bottle and he got looks from everyone. "damn will. eager much?" max asked, taking a bottle as well and popping the cap off.

"maybe a little." will simply responded before taking a huge gulp. "here i'll go get some cups.." i said before running up the stairs and coming back with some styrofoam cups.

"hey do you wanna play a game?" will said. you could hear the alcohol taking over his speech, barely but surely.

"uh yeah what you wanna play?" dustin asked, running his fingers through his hair.

"what about truth or dare!" lucas said, pitching in.

"heck yeah. truth or dare is always fun." suzie said.

truth or dare. truth or dare was the game that started all of this. it's the game that made will and i kiss. date. fall in love. the game that broke my heart.

it's nearly been months and i'm still so conflicted and confused on what i did wrong. will and i used to be together. we were literally dating. we called ourself boyfriends. then he goes to someone else.

i don't know what i did wrong. what did i do wrong?

pushing myself out of my deep thoughts, i spoke "yeah, truth or dare sounds fun." i shrugged

"i'll go first." el said. she looked around the room, contemplating on who she should ask.

she turned to dustin who was right beside her. "dustin." she smirked, "truth or dare?"

"ugh fuck you el." he groaned and fell backwards dramatically. everyone started laughing at him and he sat back up. "truth." he said, taking a sip from his cup.

"on a scale of one to ten, how much do you truly love suzie?" el asked. fucking el. why does she always ask the questions that could totally ruin relationships?

dustin sat there for a solid minute before answering "six."

suzie gasped and slapped him across the face. "a six? only a fucking six! dustin!" she exclaimed.

"you cheated on me! what do you expect!" he exclaimed. "okay that's fair." she said.

i looked over to will and it looked like he was drowning himself in alcohol. "um will... do you maybe wanna cool it with the vodka?" i asked.

"buzz off mike. just let me do my own thing." he said before taking yet again, another drink.

i just rolled my eyes and took a sip of my own drink.

dustin looked over to me and smiled "mike, truth or dare?"

"dare." i said. i was ready for some action. i needed to get my blood pumping. i needed to stop worrying about will.

"i dare you to kiss el." he said

"dustin! we broke up." el said, flailing her arms in the air.

"yeah. plus we don't even like each other anymore." i added in.

"then it shouldn't be a problem to kiss." max said simply.

"okay." i shrugged.

we both reached over the circle and i placed one hand on the side of her face as i pecked her lips. we both pulled away at the same time and went back to our places.

will rolled his eyes at the action and then he set down the bottle of vodka. "i'm going upstairs. i'll be back." he said before he stumbled up the stairs. i heard the door to my room open. i knew it was my room because the door has a distinct squeak to it.

what could he be getting into? "i'll go see what he's doing. i'll be right back." i simply said before following his tracks.

i walked down the hallway and i stopped in the doorway when i saw will with tears in his eyes, holding a wrinkled piece of paper.

"mike... why do you have this?"