Part 10: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

(Joseph's perception)

"You'll fall." I tried calmly saying. However when the tiny human turned her head, one of the books slid off and I hurriedly grabbed her.

"Look what I told you. You need a better crib, Kaleid might had ran out to do get one done already."

I scooped her up the usual and placed her on my bossoms then I walk towards the window.

"What do you want to see? Spade is just a country surrounded with forest," and blood. A wasteland of cries and death.

I glanced to the face of the little one in my embrace and I am surprised on what I saw. The face of amazement and excitement. I chuckled unconsciously because I can literally see her eyes are twinkling.

"Let us take a walk, I remember them saying that a child will grow better with the kiss of sunlight." It is already an hour before dawn, but let just use that as an excuse. I need a breather anyway before I start burning this room.

The face of the little human brims more with happiness and that gave me a good light feeling.

......
(Little human's perception)

When he said that we can take a walk outside, my heart beats with excitement. It had been a good nine months since I was born and never felt nor smelt the breeze outside.

We walked the long corridors walled with glass. I can now see the outside. We reach the end and the warm breeze of the day mix with moist of the pending Cold night hits my face. I unconsciously stretch my arm and tried to embrace the unknown existence of the wind.

In my previous life, the wind is like a friend to me. When I walk in empty neighborhood trying to get lost for a little while so I do not reach home, the wind is always right there and not making me feel alone. The buzzing whispers reassure me that I am still sane and can still be happy.

The past nine months I've been alive felt like torture, and I feel like I will grow up into a dark person with the thunder as my lullaby.

The garden that this big man entered is a big garden and it looks like it been months since it had been maintained. The autumn leaves are covering the ground, and overgrowned grasses from spring is mixing with the bushes of roses.

In spite of all that, the garden is still gorgeous and the big Acacia tree is thriving to it's finest. The big man, walk through the bushes and grasses and stood in front of the big tree. Surprisingly there are no tall grasses nor bushes around the tree. Instead it is surrounded by clovers.

In my past life, I only had seen one old Acacia tree, I had been told it was a hundred year old tree, this one in front of us must be a lot older.

The tall tree's leaves dance with wind, and the buzzing noise is quite comforting. Everytime a strong breeze comes, the little yellow flowers falls down and it is a mesmerizing sight.

"Might as well investigate."

I forgot that he was carrying me on his arms, so when he spoke, I was pulled back to the reality.

However, with no worries, the big man sat me down on the ground. When my knees felt the clovers, I felt a great amount of excitement. And then I looked at him.

He smiled and said, "you can play around." Then he walked around the tree.

I looked down and patted the clovers next to me. I looked up and stare at the dancing leaves of the Acacia tree. The remaining sunlight of the day peeks in through the leaves and for the first time, I felt like I've been blessed. I closed my eyes and feels the embrace of the wind. Surprisingly, the embrace feels so warm.

"Dream..."

The low voice next to my ears made my eyes wide open. I feel like someone is embracing me from my back. And the voice go on.

"Dream, I can only stay for a moment. I saved the remaining powers I had for this moment."

'This voice! I know it very well!'

"Forgive me, I became so weak and I had to leave you. God addressed to me that you are a reincarnated soul. I am sorry that I couldn't be a better mother for you. I hope you understand."

'Well, I don't really understand what is happening.'

"Listen to me Dream, you will only have your father, please protect each other. He might be a big bulky man, but he is as soft as a tiny feather inside."

'Wow, a tiny feather?! That is how you describe that man?'

Then I remembered our first meeting, the big man crying buckets of tears.

'I guess you are right.'

"Dream, you inherited the symbol of the Clover."

'Clover?'

"In order to protect you, Faith sealed the Clover from naked eye. No one will see it, unless the curse was lifted."

'Wait?! What, you guys cursed me?!'

"It was not a bad curse, it just hides the symbol. The symbol could lead you in mortal danger. Someone had successfully developed a cursed to lift out the symbol from the bearer. A curse had to meet certain criteria in order to work, and I was not aware of it."

The embraced became tighter but at the same time colder.

"Dream, the Clover will protect you from any mortal danger, as long as you don't get that curse. Though, the Clover will always save you, it does not mean you will not get hurt. I am sorry that I will be leaving you with this kind of fate."

It is getting colder and colder, and a gust of wind ran across from our back. And the ghostly hair of the woman behind me danced with wind, and little by little the ends are turning into little butterflies and flew up towards the sunset.

The woman chuckled.

"It might sound ridiculous, I know I do not have a right, but I want to name you Dream

"It might sound ridiculous, I know I do not have a right, but I want to name you Dream. I want you to keep living, and in order for you to move forward, please keep dreaming. Keep wishing and keep walking towards those dreams. Dream, thank you for granting me this short moment of being your mother."

Those words brought tiny drop of water from my eyes. It had gotten colder and a stronger gust of wind blew and pushed the butterflies farther to the sunset.

The acacia tree rustle loudly with wind, and it sounds like it is crying. I stood up and hug the tree.

"What are you doing?"

The big man came back from his stroll. He walk towards me and patted the tree.

"Magdalene loves this tree dearly, she often says, this tree is like her best friend."

The rustling of the tree got louder and more yellow flowers falls over our heads.

"Hmm, I think it had gotten too Cold for your tiny body." He scooped me up and embraced me. "Yeah, you are Cold. Let's walk to the shed, for sure Kaleid will come running to us with blankets. It is a long walk back, you might get sick with how thin your clothes are."

I hug him back, trying to forget the dissipating warmth I felt earlier. His body flinch for a moment but he hugged me back tighter.

'I'll be okay, mother.'