Chapter 39: Small Pushes

Shota began to feel a rising fear in his throat at the (h/c) haired girl's request. It filled him with terror and worry, making him want to kill her before she left. Of course, he would never intentionally harm her unless absolutely necessary and the thought of being unable to touch or enjoy her company was agonizing. That being said, he'd rather die than see her return to Narahashi.

"R-Run away?" he questioned, a deranged chuckle coming out of him.

"It may not be so bad right now, but it's only going to get worse," she said, trying to speak calmly even if her body was trembling, "And if I leave, then they'll hurt you."

"No," he said, bluntly, "Y-You can't leave. It isn't that bad, is it? You're being spoiled. I mean, we have access to all kinds of fortunes and you get whatever you want as long as you ask."

The girl's expression told him that she felt uncomfortable with answering his question. Shota knew she would react like that and want to run away the first chance he got. However, to combat the experiences she had to go through to get to fall in his arms, he attempted to make the situation bearable. He just didn't expect her to want to run away so soon. The plan was to shower her with luxurious items the following day, but she didn't really give him an option to do so. He had to stop that idea of hers before his cover was blown.

"You know what would happen if you left, don't you?" he asked quickly, "They'd target your family, your friends, anyone they could get their hands on."

"We can't know that for sure. Besides, if I warn them and call the police, they won't touch anyone. Come on, we can leave after they go to sleep. If you know the codes, then it'll be easy to get out and if you don't, we can go out of the windows."

Haru burst through the door, a grumpy expression on his face. He looked as though he was pouting and began to grab at Shota's wrist, dragging him off of the bed. Then he flashed a sweet and innocent smile to the girl. Directly after, he looked down at the redhead with an impatient temper, pushing his tongue to the other side of his cheek.

"I told you to be out of the room before it turned 9:00," the brunette spat, "Yet here you are. Get out."

"I'm in the middle of something!" the redhead shouted, letting out only a bit of his stress.

"I don't care," Haru growled, "You've had enough time with her already."

Shota pushed his hair back in frustration, trying to figure out what the best thing to do was. He didn't get the time to decide as the gamer pushed him out of the room, giving (Y/n) a sweet smile and a childish chuckle before he left her alone for the night. She wasn't disturbed further and gave up on trying to stay up. While she was terrified that someone would come into her room while she was asleep, she couldn't fight the exhaustion that came over her.

. . .

Takuya woke up in the middle of the night, as per usual for him, and began to wander aimlessly along the corridors of the house. He was so desperately tired and wanted to fall back into slumber, but even if he took his pills, it wasn't going to help. He fought the urge to go to (Y/n)'s room to sate his boredom.

However, he was already on thin ice with the others since he'd gone off on his own a while ago. He wasn't even supposed to see the girl until the next day nor was he supposed to go inside her room until morning. Then again, his emotions overpowered the logical side of his brain and he went off to the girl's room, entering the pin.

He saw her sleeping peacefully on the bed, cuddled up with one of the stuffed animals. Her hair was strewn about the pillow, allowing the moonlight coming in from the window to accentuate her skin. It amazed the shy boy, entrancing him to see her natural beauty and he walked over to the girl, moving his thumb against her cheek.