Part 18: Freshman

Anya tied her ribbon around her collar tightly, and pulled on her jacket. She didn't bother to put on her vest though, and she walked out the door of her room with a binder Arlo had given her. She checked her phone to see that it was 8:03, and ran out to meet Arlo. He was standing outside the girl's dormitories, and he glared at her.

Arlo: You're late.

Anya: Well... sorry. 

Arlo sighed and looked at her schedule to guide her to her classes. They walked side by side in the hall, getting some strange looks.

Who's that girl?

Why is she with Arlo?

Is she his girlfriend

Anya whipped around to face a purple haired boy and glared at him.

Anya: You know, it's not nice to assume things. 

He blinked, and stuttered an apology, scuttering away. 

Who does she think she is, acting so high and mighty?

Arlo sighed, and looked around at everyone. 

Arlo: So... this is my cousin Anya. I hope you all welcome her.

People around them nodded, and Arlo turned back to Anya, satisfied. 

Arlo: Your next class is here. 

Anya nodded, and opened the classroom door. Students turned to look at her, and murmured. She sat down at an open desk, and the bell rang. The teacher walked in, then looked at Anya. 

Teacher: Hello everyone, we have a new student. Come up and introduce yourself. 

Anya stood up and nodded.

Anya: My name is Anya, and I am from New York. I hope to become friends with you all!

Everyone clapped, and Anya sat back down. Right then, another girl dashed through the door, then looked at Anya. 

Girl: I want your seat. Get out. 

Anya looked up at her. Her hair was a pure white color, with her eyes blue. Anya stayed in the seat, unmoving. The girl muttered something, then activated her ability. 

Girl: I'm Julie, the highest ranking student in this year. Get out, or you'll be hurt. 

Anya rolled her eyes, then activated her ability too. She stood up to face Julie. 

Anya: I'd like to see you try. 

Julie blinked, then grabbed Anya's collar. Anya was about to punch her, when the teacher yelled at them.

Teacher: Julie, Anya was there first! Sit down now you two!

Anya and Julie both sat down, glaring at each other. Anya decided to boil away her anger by doing classwork when Julie gave her a note. Anya wondered if she was going to threaten her. Instead, there was an apology written on it.

______________

I'm really sorry, just had a bad morning. Forgive me pls!

Julie

______________

Anya looked at Julie, who looked back. Julie gave a small smile, and Anya smiled back. Julie... she was different. She seemed much nicer than those people who were talking about her and Arlo...

*Bring*

The bell rang, and Anya started to head out the door, when Julie grabbed her wrist.