Chapter 6

It had been a long couple days sailing and Iroh insisted we take a stop. After a while, Iroh had wondered off somewhere.

"Zuko.."

"Yes.." he replied gazing off as he practiced some fire bending.

"Shouldn't we look for your uncle...because I'm guessing you want to leave soon and he doesn't exactly have the best track record of time management.."

He sighed, "You're probably right he could have gone anywhere by now"

~

We began searching trying to stay quiet to avoid any Earth benders that could be in the area. Zuko insisted that he go in front so he could protect me incase we ran into any danger which frankly I didn't feel like arguing with. It wasn't long until we saw a clearing with steam in the distance.
"Wanna bet that's him..." I said plainly

"I don't feel like losing today"

He stormed to where the steam was coming from pushing through a thick layer of bamboo
"Uncle it's time to leave where are you? Uncle Iroh?" Zuko barked

"Over here" Iroh replied calmly relaxing in a hotspring of water naked. My eyes immediately turned away to the ground trying to hide my embarrassment. A hot flash of red infected my cheeks.

"Why me??" I thought trying not to collapse from embarrassment.

"Uncle? We need to move on we're closing in on the Avatar's trail and I don't want to lose him" Zuko urged

"You look tired Prince Zuko... why don't you join me in these hotsprings and soak away your troubles... (Y/N) could join you it could be romantic for you two" Iroh Grinned winking slightly

Ya girl's face grew even redder along with Zuko's after that comment..
"My troubles cannot be soaked away... and leave (Y/N) out of your nonsense advice it's time to go!" Zuko comanded

"You should take your teacher's advice and relax a little.. the temperature's just right... I heated it myself" Iroh replied steaming the water.

"Enough we need to leave now! Get out of the water!" Zuko Scoffed.

"Very well" Iroh got up and Zuko quickly covered his and my eyes with
his hand.

"...on second thought... why don't you take another few minutes be back on the ship in half an hour or I'm leaving without you!" Zuko exclaimed then grabbing my hands and speeding away.

~

The Sun faded and Iroh was nowhere to be found. Zuko took the guards and I back to the hotsprings to look for him.

"Uncle? Uncle where are you?" Zuko said worried.

"Maybe he thought you left without him..." a guard added.

"Somethings not right here" Zuko paced through the sight "that pile of rocks" he said looking down at a strange formation of Earth in the ground.

"It looks like there's been a landslide sir" a guard said.

"Land doesn't slide uphill those rocks didn't move naturally..." Zuko stiffened his glance "my Uncle's been captured by Earthbenders"

I placed my hand on Zuko's shoulder
"They can't have gone far..."

~

The vast night sky had gone and Iroh was still missing. We trailed along on our Ostrich Horses as Zuko spotted something in the air
"The Avatar..." he muttered and from the expression on his face I could tell what he was thinking.

"Come on your Uncle needs us"

Zuko nodded and we continued to follow the Earthbenders trail.

Soon we found them, a group of soldiers from the Earth kingdom along with a chained Uncle Iroh wearing nothing but a loin cloth... because of course he is.

"Stay here and come after me..." Zuko ordered.

I felt a bit nervous and Zuko could see it written all over my face
"You can do this... remember what I taught you... I know your strong" he then jumped down to Uncle Iroh breaking his chains

"Excellent form Prince Zuko.." Iroh smiled.

"You taught me well"

"Surrender yourselves its 5 against 2 you're clearly outnumbered" a Earthbender uttered.

"Ahh thats true but You're clearly outmatched" Iroh said and thus the battle begun.

The Earthbenders began hurling rocks towards them which they easily dodged.

"Guess that's my cue" I thought anxiously joining in the battle
My moves weren't nearly as sharp as Iroh or Zuko but I was still trying my hardest. Flames roared against the harsh form of the Earth and the battle scorged on. Iroh used what was left of his chains to bind the feet of a Earthbender causing him to fall over. We had won and a colorful grin was common in our expressions.

"Now would you please put on some clothes... for (Y/N)'s sake"