Beach (5)

When he came back, the first thing Liam did was to look for Aki. But no matter where he looked, there was no sign of his roommate.

The guys who were swimming in the sea came back, and Liam caught sight of Zy who was lounging around. He contemplated whether he wanted to talk to this guy and ask for Aki. He had mixed feelings about Zy. Liam did not like how Zy had unknowingly wrapped his fingers around Aki, and how much this person took his friend for granted.

Above all, he hated how Zy was Aki's love of his life.

Talking with Nancy had already sapped Liam's energy. Facing another pesky person would further drain him. The only person whom he wanted to talk to right now was Aki.

But where was he?

Liam clicked his tongue as he thought when he met eyes with the last person he wanted to talk to. Zy smiled sheepishly and strode towards him.

'Isn't this great?' Liam sighed. It seemed like there was no avoiding this person any longer.

"Hey," Zy said.

Liam jerked his chin in response and went straight to the point. "Have you seen Aki?"

"Yeah, he didn't look good so I told him to go back and rest."

"What?" Liam knitted his eyebrows. Did something happen while he was gone? "He looked fine earlier."

"He seemed to have a headache. And anyway, he was pale and looked like he needed some rest."

Liam hummed. "Okay, thanks." He turned to leave, but Zy called out to him. He faced Zy, lifting his eyebrow.

Zy fidgetted under Liam's stare. "Thank you for— for everything. And I'm sorry for barging into your trip."

"It's fine. If you didn't come, Aki would be worried and would not enjoy the vacation anyway. He might even go back to comfort you."

Liam was not trying to be sarcastic. He was just stating facts.

...or okay, maybe just a tad bit sarcastic.

Zy blushed. "Yeah, I feel bad for Aki too."

Liam was at the end of his patience. What was Zy's point in telling him all this? "If you're so sorry, then would you stop stringing him along?"

Zy looked up, confused.

"Oh, please," Liam said, rolling his eyes, "Aki sacrificed a lot of things for you. He was at the top of his class before you dragged him to your nightly clubbing. He dropped everything every time you called him. He was basically at your beck and call."

Perhaps it was because of his talk with Nancy, but all of his resentments came pouring out one by one. Though, he felt like telling all of these to Zy would not do any good, but he was so tired of people meddling and involving them in their problems.

Zy gaped. "I didn't know that," he whispered. "I guess I really have to do a lot of reflecting. I apologized to Aki, but I need to apologize to you too. Anyway, I'll stay out of your way now."

Liam frowned at the other guy. "What do you mean?"

"I'm going to go back to the city tonight."

A sense of foreboding came over Liam. "Does Aki know?" 'Please tell me he's not going.'

"Yes, I told him last night."

"And? Will— will he come back with you?" Please please please.

Zy tilted his head to the side as if thinking. "No? I don't think so?"

Liam nodded, but he was not set at ease.