Make up and Make out (4)

A/N: I'm not sure if I should put a 'Mature' warning for this chapter? But it's still quite light? Either way, you've been warned...? Haha. (Please don't get your hopes up. It's a light chapter...)

================================

The way back to the house was dark and silent. As hot as it was during the day, the night breeze chilled Aki to the bone. Yet he loved it.

They strolled as though they had all the time in the world instead of going home at the wee hours of the night. The two of them talked about trivial things and laughed at the most stupid jokes. Liam was a charming conversation partner no matter the topic.

At one point, Aki could not tell exactly when Liam held his hand. It was not the first time that they held hands. Still, the feel of Liam's skin against his made him feel silly. And happy. And excited. He could not stop grinning.

Aki enjoyed their midnight stroll, so much that he hoped they would never arrive. At least not too soon.

But this was such a small town. What would they do if someone sees them? If there would be more rumors about Liam? He bumped his shoulder against the other man to get his attention.

"People might see us," Aki said warily.

Liam glanced around, exaggerating his movement. "I don't see anyone? And really, Aki? After all, we've done at the hill?" He cocked a teasing eyebrow.

Aki felt his face flush, reddening further when Liam chuckled. His arms around Aki's back and buried his face at the crook of Aki's neck to muffle the sound of his laughter. Aki pouted, but it was useless because the other guy could not see him.

"You should have seen your face. You looked scandalized," Liam said in between giggles.

"We've just ki-kissed!" Aki hissed. "Besides, people might talk about you if they see us together like this."

Liam put a distance between them to look at Aki. His gaze direct and intent. "Let them. They will talk anyway, whether I do anything or not." He gripped Aki's hand. "Besides, I've been wanting to do this," he brought up their joined hands for Aki to see. "I wanted to hold hands with you as we walked down the streets."

They continued walking, swinging their hands between them. Liam acted normally, while Aki felt like he had melted into a puddle of goo.

After a while, Liam spoke again, "And you know what other things I wanted to do?" He stopped walking, causing Aki to halt his steps too.

Aki looked up, wondering what was wrong.

Liam peered at him and smiled. "This."

He drew Aki closer, their thighs pressing together, as his fingers tangled in Aki's hair and brought their faces together. His mouth warmed Aki's with the most heart-melting kiss. Their lips met once, twice, thrice, until Aki lost count.

Liam's lips were warm and delicious, and when he teased Aki's mouth with the tip of his tongue, Aki thought he would come. Instead, Aki opened his mouth, welcoming the surprising intrusion of the other's tongue, helpless to stop the soft groan that escaped him when their tongues made contact.

The moment he admitted his feelings to Liam, he also told himself that he would also stop lying to himself. And this time, he knew that it was not just Liam who wanted to do this. He enjoyed the feeling of this closeness, the feeling that Liam needed him as much as Aki needed the other guy.

Liam hugged him tighter as their frantic kisses grew gentle. His grip loosened, arms sliding around Aki's shoulder. He rested his forehead against Aki's as the two of them hugged in the middle of the street, in the middle of the night, as though they were the only people in their world.

With closed eyes, Aki said, "I'm so glad the people of this town sleep early."

Liam laughed. "Same here."

Aki reached up and captured Liam's lips for a second time. The other willingly obliged. "We should go home," he said when their lips parted.

"We should."

But neither of them moved away.