Chapter 1 - John and Doc talk

John POV

'It has been three days since I last talked to Sera. I tried talking to her so we could clear things up. But she just ignores me.' John thoughts, while walking down the hallway.

~Flashback~

John POV

The first day

"Yooo~ Sera, c'mon, wanna go out for Boba? I wanna talk to you about something." I say with a cheery voice to lighten up the mood but she just ignored me, not looking at me at all.

Then the next day

"Hey Sera, let's go out for Boba or let's go to the mall. Please I just want to talk to you about that discussion one day ago." Sera stared at me for a short moment but still ignored me.

Even today

"Sera, please let's just talk. I want to fix this. I'm sorry." I say to her, showing desperation in my eyes. This time, she responded to me but her answer didn't give me the hope that I need.

"Are you really?" Sera says sarcastically.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone, John" Sera says to me.

When I tried to talk to her or even utter a single word out of my mouth she cuts me off.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU MONSTER!" Sera says to me before storming off in the other direction while she just left me there crying on the floor. Not even looking back at me.

~Flashback end~

While I was busy with my thoughts. Thinking about what happened awhile ago. I didn't realize the tears that was flowing down my face. This didn't go unnoticed by the other students.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the school cripple. What are you crying for you little baby. Do you need your mommy?" He says mockingly.

"Dude, what are you talking about? He doesn't need his mommy. He needs the wambulance, waah waah waah". The other student says, to which they both started laughing.

After they stopped laughing I got pushed to the lockers by one of the bullies and got grabbed by the collar.

"Listen here you useless cripple, we are here because we are having a bad time. So we are going to use you as our stress reliever." The first bully says.

"Yeah, it's only going to be short and painful. So we hope that you don't make it harder for us to beat you up." The second bully says.

I usually would've made a irritating comeback, but I didn't. I just made a blank face and just let them do their thing.

"..."

"Looks like someone is listening really carefully, let's just cut to the chase shall we?" The first bully says.

"Yeah, let's get to it." The second bully says, to which they both activated their ability and started punching me to no end.

After the beat down I just received, I just sat there all bloodied up with fractured bones, ignoring the world around me.

Some students stared and whispered about me, here and there. Then two dudes passing by, talked about me getting beat up.

"Looks like the school cripple got bullied again."

"Wouldn't wanna be that guy."

"Who must've beaten him up? was it Joker?"

"Nah, I saw two guys awhile ago."

"Well either way, I'm not beating up anybody. What if I beat up Joker and he comes after me?"

"Calm down dude, you've been panicking a lot this time. But you do make a point about Joker chasing after us if we beaten him up."

"Hope that doesn't happens."

After them, this time it was two girls and They're talking about the same thing, Joker.

"Looks like some students still haven't heard about the Joker incident. They just keep beating up people."

"Seriously? Are they living under a rock something. That's all the students talk about ever since that day. They must be really stupid. But he is the school cripple, why are you worried?"

"Even though he's the school cripple, I'm still scared about beating anyone up. What if he is the Joker?"

"Psh, the school cripple? Calm down, you're acting like a psycho. His got his name because of what he is. He's the school cripple, he doesn't have any abilities."

"Yeah... but I'm still worried about beating anyone up."

"Okay, let's just talk about something else. You're starting to freak me out."

After the gossips that I just heard, I had enough and went to the infirmary.

After arriving to the infirmary, I was greeted by a pissed of doc.

"Ughhh, really john? you just couldn't give me any rest do you? Do you even know how hard it is to keep students from beating anyone up?" Doc says really irritated about me coming to the infirmary.

"..." I didn't say anything and just stood there with a blank face.

"Ughhh, just go to one of the beds, I'll give you a tonic."

To which I obliged by his orders.

After going to one of the beds and waiting for a few minutes, he gave me a tonic to heal my injuries.

"Here, drink up." Doc says, this time feeling a bit sympathetic.

After drinking the tonic, I laid in the bed and covered myself with the blanket to rest.

After contemplating if he should say it or not. Doc decided to go with it.

"John, why do you do this to yourself? Doc says to john

"You know you have an ability, but why won't you use it for a good thing? You only used it to beat up the royals."

"You're King now, you know that?" Doc says to me with a serious tone.

"..."

"John, please answer me. I'm tired of seeing you get hurt all the time. I need to know."

I didn't respond to doc, but he doesn't seem to want to leave because he was still standing there waiting for an answer. So I eventually responded to him.

"Doc, I thought you should know this already? You're a school staff. All the staff of this school know about me. You know what I was at my old school and look what happened to everyone when I use my ability. They all Hate me." I responded to him with a lifeless voice.

Eventually doc decided to have an intimate talk with me.

"*sigh* John, I know that you're having a hard time this time around. But please, if you need any help, just call out to me at least. I'm the school nurse after all, it's my job to help students. Whether they are bullies or not." Doc says, trying to cheer me up.

"I'm going to give you some time to rest. Just call if you need me. I'll be at my desk." Doc says, leaving me in the bed

After that, I've been left in the bed by doc to let me get some rest. Because I really needed it.

______________________________________

Would you look at that. You guys didn't expect Doc to cheer up John, did you? I decided to put that in for John and Doc to have some bonding with each other. Well looks like that's the end of chapter one, see ya~

-RC7