That boy is mine

"And the rest is, well, you know already."

Liam finished his tale, omitting the ones that made him lame. He was sitting upright on the floor, like those he had seen in Japanese movies, while Aki was sitting cross-legged in front of him. He felt like it was only appropriate to sit like that. That was the least he could do not to crawl into a hole and not come up until the next century.

Goodness, the things he did. Reviving the memories was bad enough. Confessing them to the very person was even worse. At this point, a distant part of him wondered if his blush would become permanent now.

"Oh, Liam..." Aki pressed a hand on his forehead. Those were his first words since Liam ended his story. All Aki did the entire time was to stare at him and listen intently. A cold sweat rolled down Liam's neck, his chest thudded harder as he waited for Aki's next words.

"I'll have you know that it was really an accident! I don't make it a habit to take photos of random people! Or or! Post it online or other things." He flailed his arms around in the hopes of conveying his intention clearly. "That was your only picture! I don't have a lot. I think..." The words tumbled on his lips one after another. He could not stop himself. "And you know--"

Aki held up a hand, palms out. "Shut up, Liam."

Before Liam could react, Aki grabbed him and pressed their lips together. Liam was frozen in his spot until Aki threw his body weight at him, kissing him harder. Perhaps, because he had been kneeling long, his legs gave way and he stumbled back, unable to balance both of their weights. He felt the low rumble of Aki's laughter as Aki placed himself in between Liam's legs without breaking their kiss.

When they parted, Liam's eyes fluttered open, their faces a breath away from each other. He could not decide if this was a dream or imagination with Aki in his arms like this, gazing and smiling back at him.

"You, sneaky, you," Aki murmured.

"I'm sorry," Liam managed to breathe out.

"Stop. You shouldn't." Aki traced his thumb over Liam's lips. Liam parted his lips and surrendered to the feel of Aki's skin.

"Sor--" He started, but he was stopped with another kiss. With Aki's mouth on his and their bodies this close, it was getting harder and harder to think. His mind could not keep up with what was happening.

"Say something," Aki pouted when he broke the kiss, his face red to the tips of his ears.

Ah. Aki was saving him from the awkwardness. He was not running away from Liam too. Liam let out a laugh that sounded more like a sigh of relief. He leaned in for a kiss and let his lips hover over Aki's when he said, "I love you."

Aki froze before slowly, his entire face lit up. Liam was enthralled.

"I love you too. I'm sorry I'm slow on the uptake," Aki said as he slid his arms around Liam, embracing him. "You have no idea how much you frighten me."

"Frighten?"

Aki tilted his head, one side of his face rested on Liam's shoulder. His fingers played at the hem of Liam's sleeve. When he spoke, it was above a whisper, "The things you do to me were frightening. Your smile alone disarmed me. So I pretended I never noticed you. I wanted not to care when you're around. If I don't, I'll end up embarrassing myself. Heck, you've seen quite a lot of that side of me already."

"If I'm being honest, I enjoyed your cute drunken state."

Aki's blush was such a delight, Liam could not help but giggle. 'Giggle.' Liam coaxed his boyfriend with soft kisses along the jaw. "But don't drink too much if you're not with me." Aki softened in his arms, and he knew that he was forgiven.

Then with a start, Aki sat up straight. "What's with you announcing that you have someone you love when Karen confessed? And your words that started the rumor?!"

Liam smiled sheepishly. "That's... I know, I was being petty. I don't have any reason other than wanting to get your attention." He bit his lower lip. "Forgive me?"