Oikawa Tooru - So This Is Love

AU: Singer/ Hidden relationship

Oikawa x Gender Neutral! Reader

Word Count: 1.4k

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

August 2nd, 2019

As the days grew closer to autumn, each night became more like a fever dream.

Every night (Y/N) climbed the tree just outside Oikawa's window, right up to the second floor of his house and knocked on the glass. Their brain was fried. They would leave their apartment during the late hours of the night only to sneak out of Oikawa's window in the early hours of the morning, no matter how much they longed for sleep. However, nothing could compare the sinking in their chest, the constant feeling of being pulled towards a person they didn't recognize each time they stepped through the garden gate without fail.

Before (Y/N) started their ascent up the tree that night, they whispered to themself, "this will be the last time" and would wholeheartedly mean it. This would be the last time their hands were covered with splinters, the last time they would miss a meeting with their manager or record label, and the last time their body would shiver at the thought of getting caught. This would be it.

(Y/N) carefully placed their shoe on the ledge of the window sill and knocked, the words on the tip of their tongue. This is done. We're over. Goodbye. But then Oikawa opened the window, let them in, and smiled. The same smile he gave when they first met, the angel-like grin that made his eyes disappear and teeth show, melting (Y/N) each time they were lucky enough to witness it.

Greeting each other with a light kiss, (Y/N) stepped into his room. Oikawa closed the window and they spoke quietly as they moved to the bed. Only a few centimetres separated them as they laid down and intertwined their hands.

"I finished the rough cut of my song today," (Y/N) whispered swaying their hands back and forth.

"Is it about me?"

"Maybe," (Y/N) smiled. They have always been told to draw inspiration from their life and to write out their emotions as they came. And lately, all their emotions were filled with Oikawa. He was like a drug that (Y/N) didn't mind being addicted too. "Do you think we could go out?"

Oikawa hesitated, and his smile faded but was quickly replaced by a new one. "Like out on the street?"

(Y/N) sat up, their hands still intertwined, but their grip lighted. "We could if you'd like...I would like it. Almost nothing is open at this time, but we could just walk around. No one is going to be out...so there'll be no people. "

Oikawa shook his head and looked away. "Maybe another night... My dad got this rally thing tomorrow.... I think the last thing he'll want is his son being on a tabloid."