SEVEN

007. FATAL ATTRACTION

( an affinity for something or someone inherently harmful. )

»»—————————««

Myra understood the significance of family when she arrived on Sorgan.

It was the glue that the little community of krill farmers together on this lonely green planet. They had each other's backs, and the smiles of their nearest and dearest were nothing better for them. While Myra had raised herself and wasn't familiar with the familial bond, she knew she could never fit into their village. 

The people of Sorgan had been accommodating for a change. When she had come in half-dead from the planet to planet teleporting, they had taken her in and provided a place to stay. They were excellent hosts, curious about her ways and how she had arrived on the planet with no transport. The room they had provided for her was small, concise and efficient. She had nothing to carry and nothing to leave while she was here, hence, thought, who was counting? 

She had changed from her clothes, holding the golden silk material and thinking hard of a solution to look less of an enchantress and more of a human woman. The gold she had come in with was safely tucked away and she stuck to a weird, puffy material that the farmers wore. She hated it; the lack of motility and the stiffness. She had been so used to the soft, bending silk and immense ornaments, the change did her differently. 

"Myra?" A knock sounded at the door. A little girl no older than seven stood there with a small smile, half her body outside the frame. In an instant, her smile dropped. "That's your name, right? My mother told me." 

"Yes," Myra greeted, waving at her to come in. "What's your name?"

"Winta," she introduced, taking a seat next to her on the bed. It was made of patches of wood, creaking with the movement. A window was placed parallel to the bed which overlooked the woods and the krill ponds.