💥XII

during [y/n]'s breakdown in her bedroom

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU," TODOROKI SAID, HIS TEETH CLENCHED.

"do you know how awful you are, bakugou? to play with her heart like that?"

"i wasn't playing with anybody's heart!" bakugou snarled, "i never told her i liked her!"

"you let her cuddle up to you all night, you held her hand while we were in walmart, you kissed her fucking forehead for gods sake!" todoroki's tone was so furious, iida was convinced that his one said would burst into flames at any given second. "you're going to try and tell me that that isn't playing with her heart?!"

bakugou opened his mouth to say something, but the  shut it. he couldn't figure out what to say.

iida took this as an opportunity to step in.

"she takes you shopping with her, gives you an opportunity to make new connections with people that you've looked down upon since the beginning of our UA school life that, somehow, are still willing to give you a chance, she takes you into her home and treats you with kindness and hospitality, and this is how you treat her?"

the question was rhetorical, of course.

iida gave him such a disapproving look that, for some odd reason, it made the lump in bakugous throat grow bigger. "you have no respect for anyone but yourself. people like you make me sick."

bakugou willingly left the garage after that. he sat on the curb at the end of your driveway, waiting for his dad to pick him up. both iida's and todoroki's hefty words sat with him, causing him to wallow in them.

he crossed the wrong people, and broke the heart of the wrong girl.

a girl he didn't even have a chance with.

a girl he now couldn't have a chance with.

a girl he never had a chance with?