45

recap (lord knows you need one): the last 3 chapters were one single day. The day started with Richie and Eddie kissing in their cabin. They were practicing for Eddie's plan with Will. Eddie had plans to kiss Will in attempt to figure out more about his sexuality / attraction towards Richie. The pair are interrupted by Elle who had planned a walk with Richie where they discuss their mutually shitty parents. Meanwhile, Will and Eddie kiss 3 times but Eddie announces he feels nothing and likes Richie. All the while, Bill and Stanley are having a cute time together as a secret couple until the chapter ends with the cop and camp counselors at their door. Let's begin.

Thursday. July 9, 1987

Eddie's feet were tired. He should've worn better shoes. His mommy always told him he didn't need athletic shoes. Sport were for rough boys. He was soft, he knew his mommy wouldn't like him running through the woods in his favorite white shoes. His mommy wouldn't like a lot of things he did at camp, if he was honest. Honest. That's what he was aiming for. In fact, being honest was the whole reason he was running through the woods. He was searching for Richie. His boyfriend.

"Almost." Eddie whispered to himself. He hoped, at least. He was on his way to tell Richie how he truly felt. He was developing feelings he had no explanation for but he wanted to share it with only one person and that person so happened to be the most annoying dickhead he had ever met. Richie Tozier.

Eddie continued to run, unfazed by his poor lungs and inability to pass gym class. None of that mattered at that point when all he wanted was to get to the boy. Eddie heard rustling come from behind him and immediately turned around. Mike was sitting on his own in the grass. He looked like he was shaking. Eddie immediately ran to him.

"Mike," He was confused, Mike looked terrified. Eddie reaches his hand out to tap his friend's shoulder. Mike immediately starts panicking and yelling as if he didn't know what was happening.

Eddie stumbled away from him, startled. "Mike, it's me! It's Eddie. What happened? Jesus, are you okay?"  Eddie questioned with his hands raised.

"I-I" Mike shook his head. "I can't," he stopped talking after that. Eddie was confused but nodded along supportively. He reached a hand out to help his friend up and this time, Mike allowed him. Once standing, Eddie could see Mike's legs were shaking.

Eddie asked if he could walk and once Mike said yes, he started down their route back to camp. Richie could wait because the look on Mike's face made him think things were about to get crazy around here.

-

roast me
-kat
february 7, 2020