The First Qualifier - 28

𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐦

I haven't spoken to Noah since he brushed me off at Java junction. So going to this Qualifier and dancing together, I think will be a little awkward.but all we have to do is finish in the top 4 and we'll be good.

Me, Riley, Richelle, Alfie, Noah, Piper, Michelle and.... Amanda are here checking out the stage. Why is Amanda even here? I mean she's B-Troop... maybe she's just here to support us. Right now, we are in the middle of the stage just talking about how excited we are.

"So, lets win this qualifier..." Riley says as we cheer.

"This'll be a piece of cake." I joke.

"Alright, hand in, 1 2 3, The Next Step! whoo!"

Qualifier here we come.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We've been watching all the other dances, there's a new team called the Gemini's, and they are crazy good. They start slow but when they turn it on, I can't look away. I'm not sure if we can qualify. There now was only one more dance until us. And the Gemini's scored a 97, Thats a qualifier record!!

Richelle and I head over to the other side of the stage to prepare, so it's easier to walk on. We are stretching when I see in the corner of my eye, Amanda and Noah talking and then they hug and they are smiling like crazy... I furrow my eyebrows and turn back to Richelle.  "Did you see that?" I ask.

"Noah and Amanda talking? Yeah."

"Hmm." I hum.

"And now taking the stage your internationals champions! The next step!" The announcer says.

We walk on stage and my heart is pumping, the thing between Noah and Amanda was probably nothing. Soon the song starts and we begin to dance, and it's amazing, it feels like I'm 14 again, dancing with these two people back in J-Troop, look how far we've come, I'm dancing with my best friends and one of them just so happens to be my boyfriend- Noah, I'm talking about Noah, Richelle is not my boyfriend! Haha.

Then Noah and Richelle do a lift and it didn't look so good, they try another and Noah's gone stiff. Then I come time where Noah and I do an over the head lift and I'm terrified, he know how much I hate them, and in his state, we aren't gonna do it. So as I run to him I whisper something.

"Just swing me.." I say and he understands and swings me around twice, but he looks like his in really bad pain. We continue the dance and he's not going so well, and I thought at the ending we way going to drop both me and Richelle. Which he did.

What happened? We were going so well.

"The next step scored 86 points that puts them in 3rd place."

Then we walk off.

"Noah? What was?" Riley gets cut off by Noah pushing past her.

"Noah..." I say softly and follow after him, except I don't know where he went. I check everywhere until I walk to the entrance and I see him talking to Amanda.

I watch from a distance, and Noah looks mad. She ends up walking away.

"Noah?" I ask softly.

"El..." he matches my tone. "I'm sorry for acting up on you for the past few weeks."

"It's fine, noah.... what happened?"

"I- I, I'm so sorry, I just cost us our chance at regionals."

"We still have other qualifiers..." I say optimistically.

"H-Hey, thanks for not doing that lift with me..."

"I knew you were in pain, I didn't want to risk it. Noah?" I ask.

"Hmm."

"What happened, are you hurt?"

"Can we talk about that later?" He asks.

"Yeah, yeah. Can I ask 1 more  question?"

"Shoot."

"What's up with you and Amanda?"

"N-Nothing... why do you say that."

"Do you like her?" I say softly. "Because if you do, break up with me and be with her."

"Ellie." He says stepping up and looking down into my eyes. "Your the one I love. Not her. I would never hurt you like that..."

"I don't know, Noah, you guys act like more than friends..." I say looking down.

That's when he cups my face and makes me look at him. "I. Love. You, El." Then he leans forward and kisses me softly.

I pull away for a split second, "I love you too." Then I resume the kiss.

That makes me feel a little better...

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝! 𝐈𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐮𝐠𝐡! 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞!