32: Begging For My Heart

-The gleaming tears in his eyes beg for me to stay-

"I didn't know that them-her...they were coming here!" Demir yelled out loud, watching me stamp my way away from him...walk away from the suffocating cocoon of our tender moments. I didn't bother to stop in listen.

The hurt...the anguish...it was there, again. Seeing Meeran still be a part of his life did something to me. It reminded me of the times he chose her over me...berated me for making him try to forget her. I didn't want to be reminded of moments when he had made me feel so insecure, unwanted and pained. There were comparisons and the constant need to compete. I would never put myself through that again. Never again.

"You can't keep running away from me based on assumptions. I wouldn't let you. Not anymore." His heavy footsteps soon neared me, and I felt my heart tightening in fury as he used my elbow to turn me around. The coffee mug was no longer in his hand. I quickly snatched my elbow from his grip.

"Don't!" I backed away from him. "No more of this, Demir." I hotly met his gaze...fuming as his expressions turned anguished and pained.

"You claim I am always running away, but what did I ever get when I was pathetically following you like a clingy wife? What did you ever do to make me feel like I had any other choice but finally giving up on you?" My voice almost cracked because of the emotions and fury I was feeling...the hurt and agony escaping into my tone, but I wasn't going to back down now.

"Maya, I-"

"Don't, because nothing you can say will ever make me forget how cruel you were...how badly you broke my heart. You know the real reason I came back..." I continued, not bothering with his broken look. "It was because I finally found someone who didn't want me to be constantly breaking for him."

Immediately, his expressions turned horrified, shocked and caught off guard.

"What?"

"He is a family friend and lives in my village." I firmly held his gaze. "We don't really know each other, but he has been liking me for some time and is patiently waiting for me to be done with you," I confessed. Demir immediately clenched his jaw in a fumed manner...as his eyebrows narrowed in a frightening form of temper.

"How dare you stand in front of me and even talk about moving on with someone else!" He bellowed with maniac fury, dark possessiveness and jealousy gleaming in his eyes. "You are my wife-my to protect and spend the life with. I wouldn't allow some pathetic boy to even think about wanting you." He growled. I gritted my teeth.

"Don't you dare even think you have any say in my decisions, Demir!" I fumed, not even bothering about the seldom curious eyes gazing in our direction. I had enough of my husband's antics. "You made your choice when you decided to keep having your past hover above our heads, and now I want my freedom. In fact, I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for me owing a lot to Madam Geena." I reminded. He pulled on his hair in an agitated and frustrated manner. He was working hard to control his booming temper.

"But I never chose Meeran over you!" His voice reached octaves. "I haven't even seen her in months, and I have no idea she would come here."

"But you did. The moment you hit me for her...you did make a choice, and now, so have I." I stepped away from him. My heart was feeling heavy by all the emotions, but this needed to be said. I could feel the coffee mug in my right hand almost crush under my frantic grip...yet the shattering ache of piercing glass could no longer wound me. I had dealt with mental pain. Thankfully, there were many people around us...only a few waiters and staff workers, but they were too far away to be able to hear this argument.

The nighttime was hiding away our dark wounds.

"Don't do this to me, Maya." Demir's aggressive stance suddenly changed pleading. "Trust me, there is no me without you. I won't be able to survive. I can't see you with anyone else but me," he confessed. He was working hard to keep his tears at bay...to put up a strong facade. Seeing his pleading did something to my heart, but I knew I had to be strong.