122 ~ cheerleader in making

(Chae pov)

(Chae pov)

She was currently sitting on the floor in the makeshift dance studio attached to their garage. Running through some stretches with Jennie in preparation for cheerleading tryouts.

Which just so happened to be tomorrow.

They had been getting fit for it by hanging out and doing stretches practically every day this past week and some days.

She had been worried they wouldn't be fit enough for tryouts. Or at least, she wouldn't be fit enough. Since Jennie and herself hadn't been getting together to prepare for too long.

But Jen eased her mind by saying a lot of the girls who tryout aren't too fit, but become fit while being a cheerleader and attending the practices.

That it was all a part of the process.

So she was instead, excited?

There were pretty much three reasons as to why she was excited to try cheerleading again.

One, being that she had remained pretty fit. Even during her druggie days. And after living with Lisa, she was only getting fitter.

Since they still had sex a good couple times this past week. Like every week. So long as Lisa doesn't do something to piss her off.

Another reason to be excited was that Lisa and her had finally been getting back into the swing of normalcy.

No crying about the past or future. No worrying about the days to come.

Okay, maybe she was slightly worried about being judged and not being 'good enough', but she was working on that.

She was starting again.

But reason three, and maybe the most important reason of all, was that she may have missed being a cheerleader.

Stupid, she knows, but cheerleading was one of the only other activities she had on top of music and church as a kid. It's what made her love eating right and doing handstands in pools.

"Look at how good my form is Momma! Look!"

Alice used to always laugh at her whenever she'd come up for air after being underwater. Telling her the water was what made her handstands better. By bettering her posture and aiding her balance.

She never believed Alice though.

"Chaeyoung?"

"Hm?" She hummed after being brought out of her thoughts.

"You good?" Jennie questioned while relaxing in a laid back position.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I started hurting so bad in that stretch I had to stop and rest for a bit." Jen chuckled. "Yet you're still holding it. Doesn't it hurt?"