Chapter 29

Y/n POV:Holding my head, I woke up with a massive headache

Y/n POV:
Holding my head, I woke up with a massive headache. I looked around and realized that I was in my room.

I got the flashback of last night. 

Massaging my temples, I tried to get rid of a headache.

The door clicked open, revealing Jungkook holding a food tray.

He sat beside me on the bed.

I couldn't look at him and just blankly stared at the food when he placed the food tray on my lap.

He was lowering his head, back facing me.

"Have you eaten?" I asked him breaking the silence between us.

He shook his head, still back facing me.

"Let's eat. I won't eat unless you eat." I said in a weak voice.

"Don't be stubborn. You have a mild fever, you should eat." He mumbled.

"Jungkook, about last night-" He cut me off.

"I know... I know you were there and you heard everything, right? I'm sorry for everything. I know I keep hurting you and sorry, won't be enough."

Releasing a sigh, he fiddled with his fingers.

"I was going to thank you," I muttered, making him look into my eyes.

"Aren't you upset with me?"

I shook my head with a small smile.

"At first I was a little disappointed, but when you admitted our relationship in front of everyone, I was really happy."

"You... You didn't have to do that."

He lowered his gaze, before speaking.

"I should have told everyone that you're my wife. I just didn't know what came into my mind at that time, when I asked you to hide our relationship."

"It's fine," I assured him with a smile.

In return, he looked at me with guilt.

The room fell silent. For a moment, there was no sound. 

I let out a shaky breath.

"Can you promise me one thing, Y/n?" Looking into my eyes, he asked.

"Promise me, that you will never leave me. No matter what happens." He held my hands, making me feel the warmth of his touch.

I nodded, which made a smile form on his face.

"I promise."

"Now, forget about last night and let's eat. I'm hungry."

He chuckled, ruffling my bed hair, making it a mess.

"You can eat, I have to get ready for the office." Placing the towel around his neck, he went into the washroom.

"But you should eat something before you go to work," I told him.

"I will grab something on my way." He said loud enough for me to hear him.

I just sighed at his response.

░░۟⃟🌻༘⸻ ·᳝∴̣࣭🌻·᳝∴̣࣭ ⸻░░۟⃟🌻༘

Taeyong POV:

"Have you got any information?" I asked a man who was wearing a black hoodie. Half of his face was covered with a black cap.

"No, sir." The man lowered his head.

"You didn't find anything? I didn't waste my money on this. Get me any information about Jeon Jungkook or Jeon Enterprises." My voice was low, rumbling, but louder than I had intended.

I looked around, noticing the stares of the people around me. Clearing my throat, I lowered my voice.

"You work there, but you have no information? I sent you there so you can spy on what they do and bring me all the information to me." Rolling my eyes, I spoke.

░░۟⃟🌻༘⸻ ·᳝∴̣࣭🌻·᳝∴̣࣭ ⸻░░۟⃟🌻༘

Jungkook POV:

"Can you let me know once my father returns to his cabin? I need to discuss an important thing with him. Please convey this message to him." I informed my secretary.

After 2 hours, my secretary informed about my father's arrival.

"Come in." He announced.

"So, what's the important thing?" He asked me.

"Dad, there's only 2 days left in the contract." My words were low but deliberate and distinct.

His smile faded away and he lowered his head.

"I see. One year already passed." His eyelids drooped.

"So, your decision is final?" Hesitantly, he asked.

I nodded and he released a sigh.

"You want a divorce, right?"

For a moment, he looked away before speaking.

"I don't know how I will explain this to Y/n and her parents. I think I made a mistake by agreeing with you to this contract marriage." In a quieter tone, he explained.

"I was hoping for you to fall in love with her. But I guess love can't be forced on anyone. I can't ruin Y/n's life either. Jungkook, you are free to do what you want. I won't force you anymore." He forced a smile.

I sighed.

"Dad. First, will you listen to me?" 

"I want to get rid of that contract." Pressing my lips together, I told him.

"...What? Does that mean- " His eyes sparkled with happiness.

I nodded.

"Yes, Dad. I have fallen in love with her. You were right. I'm lucky to have someone like her. I'm madly in love with her. I can't live without her." A smile formed on my face as I thought Y/n.

He let out a small laugh.

"My son has grown up. I'm so proud of you." He patted my shoulder.

"Shouldn't we tell Y/n the truth? I don't know how she will react, but we should tell her." His voice turned serious.

"No, Dad! I can't... I don't want to tell her. What if she starts to hate me? I can't bear it. We can just get rid of the contract paper."

"Only both of us know that our marriage was based on a contract. No one else knows about it. Please, Dad." I pleaded, earnestly.

"But... She has the right to know the truth," He lowered his gaze.

He was right, but I can't lose her. I just don't want her to hate me.

My lower lip trembled, even thinking about that.

"She will never know. I won't let her know about it. This contract never happened, Dad. It never happened. "

"Fine, son. I just want my son and my daughter in law to be happy. My blessings are always with you." He gave an assuring smile.

 ·᳝∴̣࣭🌻·᳝∴̣࣭ 

Someone slowly closed behind the door before leaving the place.

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─

❝Love cannot exist without fear. If the thought of losing someone doesn't scare the shit out of you, then it's not love.❞

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─