Chapter 39

Jungkook POV:

Jungkook POV:

I woke up with a massive headache.

I cannot sleep at night since the day she left me. Either I will have to take sleeping pills or get drunk until I blackout. I busied myself with work in order to forget her but no avail.

As usual, I got ready for work and prepared my breakfast.

A burned toast with a ready-made milk packet. My parents told me to move into their house, to live with them but I refused.

This house was special to me. The only thing left with me was the memories of her.

 ·᳝∴̣࣭🌻·᳝∴̣࣭ 

I drove off to the office earlier than other days.

I entered the meeting room and started the preparation for the presentation.

After a while, the employees started to gather and everyone took their seats.

I went through the files as the time meeting was coming nearer. I did the final check once more to make sure there was no mistake.

I waited more than 30 minutes for the arrival of the client but he still hasn't shown up. I was getting pissed off.

How can someone be so careless and irresponsible?

I tapped my fingers on the table, getting impatient.

I turned my gaze to an employee when I remembered the work I gave him to complete.

"Mr. Oh, where is the file I asked for?" I stared at the old man, who gulped nervously.

"Umm, Sir. I couldn't finish it for the deadline. Last night, I got the task and there wasn't enough time-"

I cut him off by pounding my fist on the table. Some of the female employees flinched while the rest lowered their heads in fear.

"I told you to finish before the deadline. Do you take work as fun?"

Exhaling a breath, I tried to calm down when I remembered my father's words.

"Mr. Oh, you are fired. You can leave!"

"W-What?" The old man got up from his seat gulping.

"I said leave!" Gritting my teeth, I glared at him.

Lowering his head down, the man went out of the door.

I turned my gaze to the rest of the employees and leaned forward, slamming my hands on the table.

"Anyone who is irresponsible like him will get fired."

I took my seat, massaging my temples.

15 minutes passed, I was busy going through the file until I heard a soft familiar voice.