Chapter 41

Y/n POV:

Y/n POV:

I was in my cabin, working on some papers which I had to finish for the day.

Followed by several light knocks, someone peeked inside my office. I lifted my head to look at the person who was standing near the door, widely smiling.

"How can I help you, Mr. Jeon Jungkook?" Taking off my reading glasses, I bitterly smiled.

Still with the bright smile on his face, he came inside.

"Let's have lunch."

I stood up and went to the shelf. Taking a file in my hand, I flipped the pages concentrating on my work.

"I don't think we're close enough to eat together. Can you just leave? Unlike you, I have many works to do."

Jungkook sighed, "You shouldn't skip meals. It's not good for health."

Angrily I closed the file, giving an intense glare, "Oh, really? You weren't worried about my health and my feelings when you used to insult me or when you asked me to act like a stranger at our school reunion party." I growled.

A deep sigh escaped as he closed his eyes shut tightly. 

Balling a fist, he tried to calm himself.

"For how long will you continue to taunt me?" I flinched when he raised his voice.

"It's all in the past. Can't we just forget everything?" Pressing his lips, he lowered his voice.

"How can you expect me to forgive you for everything you've done?" I shouted, anger building up inside me.

He seemed surprised when he heard me.

"Can't you just give me a chance to explain myself?" His voice came out as a whisper.

"I'm not interested to talk with you. Please... Just leave!" I pointed to the door, showing him the exit.

He opened the door to leave but stopped to deliver his message before leaving. 

"My friends wanted to see you, especially Hoseok hyung. They will visit us-"

"I don't want to meet them." In a cold tone, I replied.

Slightly shocked, he turned around to ask, "Why?"

"Why not?" I answered.

He heaved a sigh before speaking. "They know nothing about us. Please don't make it difficult for me."

I had the poker face.

"I'm making it difficult for you?" I questioned him. 

"I haven't even started yet and it's hard for you already?" 

He said nothing. 

"I don't want to meet anyone related to you."

He rushed towards me and stopped in front of me.