Chapter 48

Y/n POV:

Y/n POV:

"I let you ruin me." Every muscle in his face tensed and without a word, he expressed his anger and despise.

He moved closer, caressing my cheek with his warm hand. I could feel him searching deep into my soul.

I melted by his touch but quickly contained myself.

I cannot repeat the same mistake again.

"What do you mean?" I scanned his eyes, searching for an answer.

His gaze darkened after hearing my question. His grip on my wrist became tighter as his eyes went teary.

He stared at me in silence, his eyes still filled with sadness and pain.

Pressing lips together into a thin line, he jerked my hands harshly, pushing me away from him.

Stumbling on my feet, I landed against the wall. He pinched the bridge of his nose and released a deep breath to calm himself.

Lifting up his head, he stared into space before speaking, "You want a divorce? This is what you wanted, right?" he paused before continuing, "... I'll give what you want."

A huge lump formed in my throat as I stared into his emotionless face.

"I'll divorce you." He said, darting his eyes away from mine.

My heart sank, hearing his words.

This is what I wanted, then why my heart is aching hearing those words from him?

I observed the side view of his face.

"Are you giving up on me?" I was surprised by myself for asking the stupid question.

He sighed, still staring into space, "Isn't this what you wanted? You don't want to accept me with my flaws and mistakes. All I do is hurt you. No matter how much I try, I can never make up for the pain I have given you."

Silently, he stood, clenching his fists rhythmically trying his best to hide his trembling voice.

I listened to him, without uttering a single word.

Suddenly, I felt like I just made a terrible mistake; my entire world just has been turned upside down.

He turned around, holding on the doorknob, still back facing me.

"I won't ask for forgiveness because I don't deserve it."

"You're free, Y/n. I won't hold you back anymore." He turned around the handle of the door and left.

I touched my cheeks and felt the tears rolling down my cheeks.

Is this what I really wanted?

░░۟⃟🌻༘⸻ ·᳝∴̣࣭🌻·᳝∴̣࣭ ⸻░░۟⃟🌻༘

Jungkook POV: