CHAPTER 28 - THE BEAT OF MY HEART

Chapter 28 – The Beat of My Heart

Eight Days Later – Next Saturday

Khushi's POV – 830 AM

I quickly text Arnav as I prep up the breakfast table with Usha aunty.

Me : I know you are at breakfast with everyone, but oh my god,I literally cant wait to know Ahana's answer.Im sure it's a Yes.im going to kill aadi for keeping us under all this suspense, when I know he must have popped the question at dinner.

My Phone beeps immediately.

Arnav : yes khushi, im just finishing breakfast! I am sure its going to be a Yes too.Message me the minute you know.

Me : I will ofcourse.

Him : cant wait to see you tonight, also maybe spend some time with Myra and Atharv?you know iv been wanting too, but I have only been able to meet them for a couple of minutes over the last eight days here and there.

Me : I know what you mean! Lets talk in a bit?

Him : I will call you the minute I sit in the car.I am meeting Aadi at LegalART with my legal team at around 10 am.

Aadi had discussed with me just two days ago that he and Ahana were very serious about each other and that now he wanted to formalise things in between of him and Ahana,and he wanted to know what I thought about the same and I had obviously encouraged him to listen to his heart.

He had taken Ahana out for a surprise dinner last night with the plan to propose to her.I had asked them both not to worry about Tisha as she'd stay over with us here.

I am so happy for Aadi.

Because somewhere deep down there was a little nervous thought eating my insides that whilst we were married ; I was only emotionally available to him upto a certain limit.He deserved to experience a marriage that had friendship, respect, attraction but had the most important ingredient too – which was raw, unfiltered Love.

And I know – that's exactly what Ahana makes him feel.

They both are lucky to have found each other.

I smile to myself as I now walk up to the kids room to call them out for breakfast, and I see Aadi sitting in one little blue chair in their room with a chef role play cap on and I see Tisha and Myra huddled around the little toy kitchen in their room.

I cant help but smile, as I walk up to the three of them and I ask – " whats the game going on bachas?? Wana tell me about it??"

Myra and Tisha grinned – " we are cooking in a contest and Atharv is the head judge.."

I looked at Atharv as I asked narrowing my eyes – " and I hope that you are going to take turns to let myra and Tisha also be the judge.."

Atharv gave me a innocent gloomy expression as he said to his defence– " yes mommy, I wanted to cook, these two wont just let me..so then I thought ill just be the judge..for now because iw anted to play.."

I grinned as I looked at the three of them – " ok, why don't we eat some real food first, im sure you are all hungry, I am..and usha aunty has made your favourite pancakes,and stuffed sandwiches..."

The three of them jumped in glee and I couldn't help but smile as I walked with them to the breakfast table.

We are in the middle of breakfast just as doorbell rings and I run to the door to open it instantly and just the smile on Ahana's face tell me the answer and I also spot the plain platinum band on her ring finger and I pull her into a hug immediately as I say – " I am so happy for the two of you.."