(66)

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

IVY

Brody's dad was missing.

I repeated those words over and over again causing the nauseous swirl in my stomach to stir my insides even more. Ryan had left as soon as he had read the message, promising to keep me updated later and despite it, the only person I wanted to speak to was Brody. I had to keep my phone secure at the bottom of my backpack so I could resist the urge to text him.

The last person he wanted to hear from was me.

I slammed my textbook shut and shoved it into my bag. My mind could no longer concentrate on studying. I went to stand but paused at the person stood at the end of my table.

"Can I help you?" My body tensed and my voice came out more calmly than expected. Rose shifted awkwardly and chucked her long hair behind her shoulders. Her poker expression wouldn't meet me in the eyes and I almost wanted to laugh.

"Is Brody okay?" She asked and I blinked.

She doesn't beat around the bush.

I raised a brow, "How am I supposed to know?"

What I wanted to say was he's an emotional wreck, a ticking timebomb waiting to erupt and who could blame him?

There was silence. Everyone in the library all continued to talk cautiously, casting uneasy glances at us both. They were expecting round two, which in a way I hoped for. This time I didn't have anyone to stop me.

Rose glanced upward, her mouth pursed but slightly open and loose. Her eyes were fixed as if she's was looking at something behind my head. I let out a fake cough. She blinked, refocused and let out a sigh.

"I thought you would have known," She said.

"Why are you even asking Rose?" I suddenly felt tired, like every muscle was giving in to gravity and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. I didn't want to be stood here talking to my ex-best friend about a boy who was both our ex's. It was weird and I'd had enough of weird today.

"I heard about his dad.." She trailed and I snorted.

"Of course word travels fast in these halls," I slung my backpack over my shoulder, ready to get the hell out of there, "Why don't you ask him yourself?"

A guilty look spread across her face and she looked down at her silver wedges, "I wish I could but he'd probably tell me to fuck off,"

"He's not the only one," I muttered and she looked up me, her eyes flickering around my face.

She opened her mouth to say something but thought better of it. I took this as my queue to leave.

"Well, it was lovely speaking to you," I walked past her and looked over my shoulder, "But let's just stay out of each other's way," She nodded in response, a slight quiver on her bottom lip and I felt her eyes watching me as I left the library.