Chapter Fifty

Kol twitched, his body finally coming back to life. There was grunts of pain, bones breaking and most of all the smell of blood. It was overpowering and alluring.

"Kol." He knew that sweet voice. it always kept him company in the darkness. "I need you." She spoke again. He could hear the desperation and the pain in her voice. Jordan. It was his Jordan's voice. Kol's eyes flew open, adjusting quickly to the harsh artificial light. His fangs popped out of his gums when the sweet scent of blood filled his nose. He could heart a very sweet heart beating and had him licking his lips. He watched through blood lust as she turned to him. the look of relief filled her face. His eyes went from her face, tracking the blood that oozed out of her. she took a step backwards. Her word lost on him as the sound of her blood rushing around her body filled his ears.

He grabbed her small frame into his arm, fangs plunging into her neck. the sweet taste of her blood filling his mouth and washing down his dry throat. Her screams gargled, stopping as did her heart. Kol pulled away before his eyes fell onto the body he cradled. He fell his knees give out, taking the body with him. he clutched her blood streaked face, tears blurring his vision.

"Jordan?" his voice broke. Her lifeless body was limp in his arms. He cradled her gently against him, hugging her close.

"No. no no no no no. please. NO!" He pleaded. Her held her closer, tears running down his cheeks. His heart breaking in more then a thousand pieces. He had no idea how long he had been on the ground, cradling her to him.

"Kol?" a voice, gentle. His eyes looked up through the tears.

"Help me.....please." he begged.

Elijah dropped down, a hand gently landing on Kol shoulder. The grief on his brother's face was enough to have his knees buckling. Kol clutched Jordan in his arms as if she were the most precious thing in the world. Elijah saw the blood smudge on Kol's lips and chin, the wound in Jordan's neck. Elijah closed his eyes, allowing the moment to share in his brother grief. He had seen Kol falling in love with the girl, bettering himself and truly changing. Elijah felt a few tears roll down his cheeks. A second later he regained his composure, placing a hand on Kol's shoulder.

"We need to give her to her family."

"Please......Elijah." Kol's voice broke with such pain.