A normal life *part 3* (Peter Parker)

Peter's P.O.V

Peter's body started to slowly but surely pull out of sleep, making a whimper leave his lips as the pain immediately returned to him. He groaned as his eyes slowly fluttered open, his orbs still half-closed from exhaustion as he looked around the room, but couldn't see Y/N.

"Baby? Do we have any aspirin? Or maybe something stronger, like morphine, or...ketamine?" he yelled out weakly, his voice hoarse and croaky from dehydration. He forced his head to look up and further around the room, as well as down the hallway as he couldn't hear or see anything. The house seemed to be eerily silent.

"Y/N?" Peter called out again. His eyebrows furrowed, something not feeling right about the situation. He knew that Y/N would never leave him alone in the close-to-death state that he was in, and if she had just gone downstairs or into another room, Peter was sure that he'd been loud enough for her to hear him. His eyes squeezed shut in pain as he sat up, holding a hand to his bandaged-up side. He looked down, several layers of white bandage dressing covering his lower torso and obviously there to keep all of the dressing on his wounds. He stood up slowly, his body still in unbearable amounts of pain as he limped to the doorway and through the house.

"Babe, where are you?" he called out again, gripping the wooden bannister as he reached the stairs. His eyes widened slightly, a sick feeling starting to reside in his stomach as the door was wide open, the hallway full of leaves that had blown in from the porch, telling him that the door had been open for a while. Peter's eyes wavered, the sick feeling getting worse as he started to connect the dots of what had happened.

"No, no, no." he choked, rushing down the stairs and wincing with every step as he rushed into the kitchen to grab his phone. His suspicions were made worse by bits of broken glass on the floor and pictures that had been torn down from the walls, showing him that there'd been some kind of struggle. Of course there had been, the Y/N that Peter had married would never have been taken without a fight. He grabbed his phone and scrolled to Nick's number with shaking hands, combing a hand through his curls as he held the phone to his ear.

"Pick up, pick up." He whispered.

"Peter? You good, kid?" Nick picked up.

"No, Nick, I'm not good, Y/N's been taken by that asshole's little minions." He choked.

"Hold up, what?" Nick scoffed.

"You heard me. You son of a bitch, why the fuck did I let you talk me into doing this mission? My wife may now be dead because of it." He spat, tears pricking his eyes.

"Peter, it's going to be okay, just give me a few minutes to figure something out-."

"Y/N doesn't have a few minutes, Nick. I'm going after her myself." Peter nodded, still holding the phone to his ear as he limped towards his bag and started to rummage through it in search of his suit.

"Peter, are you crazy? You're too injured to walk, you can't save Y/N by yourself, you'll die." Nick scoffed.

"And if I don't go after her, Y/N dies, so I don't care. If it comes down to one of us dying, I know who I'd rather it be." Peter nodded, not waiting for Nick to reply as he hung up and started to get dressed into his suit.

Y/N's P.O.V

My heart thumped against my chest, my senses numb as I was sat tied to a chair, with a piece of fabric in my mouth gagging me and a black piece of fabric over my eyes that stopped me from seeing anything but darkness. I wasn't sure how long I'd been here, due to the fact that I'd been drugged just after having been thrown into the car that the men took me to. I had woken up god knows how long after, unable to see anything, unable to speak and unable to move my arms. The dots had connected pretty soon after that. I gulped, my breath hitching as I heard the door open and a few pairs of footsteps walk towards me, I couldn't tell how many. I jumped as I felt a hand on my head, making the people chuckle. Suddenly, the blindfold was ripped off of my head, my eyes immediately squinting to adjust to the sudden influx of light as I was sat in a brightly lit concrete room. I looked around, tears pricking my eyes as three massive men stood in front of me, two being the ones that took me. I could only assume that the third was the weapons designer.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing." The main guy smirked, making me struggle against the rope tying my hands to the chair as he cupped my face. I winced, making him chuckle as he harshly grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him.

"Get off of me." I tried to mumble, making the men cackle as my words came out as incoherent mumbles because of the gag.

"What was that, sweet thing? That you want me to strangle you until your lungs burn?" he smirked. My eyes widened as his hand moved to my neck, making me choke against the gag as he started to strange me. He smirked at me as I kicked my legs out and made my wrists struggle as I tried desperately to get out of his grip that was stopping air from reaching my lungs. Suddenly he let go, making me cough and choke against the gag, leaning forward as I took as deep breaths as I could with the material between my lips.

"Don't worry, pretty thing. We won't be killing you until your husband comes to save you. So, you better hope that he doesn't come anytime soon because that's when you'll both die." He nodded, making the others laugh as the walked out of the room and slammed the door behind them. I choked, tears leaving my eyes as I looked down. I had no doubt that Peter would be coming to help me, which usually I'd be happy about. But knowing how injured this guy had made him last time, the last thing that I wanted was for him to come, especially if it meant that he died because of it. If it meant saving my Peter, I'd stay in here for the rest of my days.

Peter's P.O.V

Peter swung towards the weapons designer's New York base, where he assumed that Y/N had been taken. It wouldn't have made sense for them to take her all the way back to California, especially if she was being used as bait to get Peter as he suspected. Not that that was stopping him from going to rescue her. He landed swiftly on the sidewalk, trying to ignore the shoots of pain that came with every movement as he crouched down behind a car that was parked about fifty feet from the entrance to the warehouse. He bit his lip, trying to think of a plan.

"Hey, there, Pete, remember me?" Peter swung his head around, his eyebrows furrowing as he was alone.

"Not quite." Peter looked over his shoulder, confusion filling his mind as he still couldn't see the source of the voice.

"One more time, bud, on your right." Peter looked to his right.

"There you go." Peter's eyes flickered down to his shoulder, and his eyes widened as a tiny man stood on the muscle.

"What the fuck?!" Peter exclaimed as he wiped the figure off of his shoulder. Suddenly, he expanded to normal size, making Peter scramble back.

"Hey, that's no way to treat an old friend." Scott scolded as he sat up. Peter breathed a sigh of relief and held a hand to his chest.

"Scott, what are you doing here?" Peter scoffed.

"Nick told me about how your wife got kidnapped because he'd enrolled you to do one final mission. He felt bad, especially as you're too injured to save her by yourself, so he enlisted a few of us to help." He nodded. Peter's eyebrows furrowed.

"A few?" he asked. Suddenly, he heard a roar. He looked over the bonnet of the car and his eyes widened as Bruce Banner, in the form of the Hulk, ran straight through the doors of the warehouse and tore them open.

"Nick brought the Hulk out of retirement just to save my wife?" Peter scoffed.

"Me too." Peter looked up at the roof and his eyes widened further as Barton gave him a small wave before shooting an arrow into one of the guards on the ground.

"Yeah, he feels really bad." Scott chuckled, nodding. Peter sighed and looked down.

"Anyway, enough chit-chat, let's go save your girl." Scott nodded, patting Peter on the shoulder before he shrunk down again and basically became invisible. Peter sighed and nodded to himself.

"You can do this, Pete. Do it for Y/N." he mumbled to himself before shooting up and towards the base.