42

"Yeah, but I guess everyone has their dark sides." Jimin said before they headed back into the living room where Yoongi was still asleep on the couch. 

It was now a month since Hoseok had last seen Yoongi and he still felt completely devastated. He missed him so much it almost physically hurt. 

He kept going back to all the memories they had made, all the memories they shared. It was the only thing he could think about. It was unbearable not being able to call him or hold him or kiss him. He missed everything about him. His laugh, his hair, his eyes, his touch. 

Everything. 

And it scared him. 

Jin had earlier on confronted Hoseok, demanding him to tell him what the hell he had done to Yoongi. Jin had been livid and had yelled at him, confirming further how big of a fuck up he was. 

But Hoseok had also reminded Jin about the fact that he also kept his mafia life secret and that had made him shut up. 

Yoongi had been staying at Jimin and Taehyung's apartment the whole time. They had been there for him, comforted him and listened to him once he finally told them about what had happened. Jimin had cried at the fact that he was kidnapped and Taehyung had promised Yoongi to strangle Hoseok to death if he ever saw him near Yoongi. 

Yoongi had called in sick at Red Velvet and had gotten three months off so his thigh could heal. Luckily, Kai hadn't stabbed him too deep so the doctor had told him that it wouldn't take too long before he could go back to working again. He had been told it would be somewhat back to normal in about two and a half month, and he was very pleased at that. 

He loved his job, and he couldn't imagine having to quit just because he fell in love with the wrong man. 

"Do you guys wanna go to the hair salon with me today?" Yoongi asked his two friends while they were all curled up on the couch. 

"Sure. What are you getting done?" Taehyung looked away from the television screen and at his blonde friend.

"I'm getting it dyed." Yoongi smiled to himself. It was time for a new start, a new him. He was sure changing his hair colour would distance his memory of Hoseok.

"Ooooo, what colour?" His blue haired friend asked while clapping his hands in excitement. 

"Black."

Hoseok looked at the time. It was already 8.43 in the evening. He looked up from the papers in his hands and stretched. He had been working all day, trying to distract his mind from Yoongi. It had worked for a while but he always went back to thinking about his smile. 

He felt so goddamn pathetic.  

He shook his head to free himself from the thought of the blonde and walked downstairs and into the isolated room to check up Jungkook. His steps came to a stop once he saw Jungkook sitting up in the bed. 

"Kook. You're awake!" He smiled, walking towards the boy. He looked exhausted and in pain, but he was alive and awake and that was all that mattered to him. 

"Yeah.." Jungkook yawned while rubbing his eyes. Hoseok quickly texted Namjoon to get there and he arrived only five minutes later, barging through the door.

"Baby, you're awake!" He said with a giant dimpled smile on his face as he went to kiss his now awake boyfriend. The two laughed and hugged, happy to finally be in each other's arms again. 

The sight warmed Hoseok's heart, but it also weighted it down as he thought that it could have been him and Yoongi if he had just been a little less stupid. He could be holding Yoongi in his arms right now. 

snap out of it, he's not coming back. stop feeling sorry.

"How's Yoongi, did you get him out?" Jungkook asked, completely oblivious to the fact that he and Hoseok was no longer on speaking terms. And Hoseok felt like someone stabbed his heart with a knife. 

"Yeah, he's alright now. But he found out about me being a mafia boss so he doesn't wanna see me." Hoseok pressed his lips into a thin line as the memory of their fight resurfaced and mocked him. 

"Oh shit. I'm sorry to hear that hyung." Jungkook said with actual sympathy in his eyes. He felt so lucky to have Namjoon by his side, and it truly made him upset to see Hoseok get his heart broken like that. 

"It's okay, it had to happen sooner or later." Hoseok shrugged, trying to convince himself more than Jungkook. The latter just smiled, well knowing Hoseok probably wasn't handling it well. 

"I'm glad to see your awake Kook, you can stay here as long as you want but I could imagine you miss your own house." Hoseok continued, trying to change the subject away from Yoongi.

The three continued talking for a while. Jungkook had managed to convince Hoseok that he had to make it right with Yoongi again, that they were meant for each other. And Hoseok was now determined to do so.

"Do you like it?" The hairdresser asked once she had blowdried Yoongi's now black hair. He looked himself in the mirror, satisfied with the new reflection he was met with. He felt brand new, if only just for a moment. 

"Yes, thank you." He paid and the three boys left the salon to go get something to eat. 

"It looks so good on you hyung!" Taehyung smiled clapping his hands. He had a weird habit of doing that, and to be completely honest, Yoongi found it adorable. 

"Where do you guys wanna eat?" Jimin asked as they walked down the streets of Seoul. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and people were smiling and chatting everywhere. It made Yoongi's ever aching heart calm down a little as he watched two little kids walk past them with big smiles on their faces and melting ice creams in their small hands. 

Yoongi had never been good with children, but the sight warmed his heart a little, taking his mind away from Hoseok if only just for a short while.

But that sudden rush of happiness went down the drain as quickly as it came once he saw a certain man walk towards him, eyes catching his in an almost demanding manner.      

hey guys, sorry for the late update. i'm super busy these days but i love you anyways (:

and thank you for 7k wth guys 🥺