Chapter 43. Ari, you can't leave me.

A/N : I haven't proof-read the chapter. So, sorry if you find any error in typos.

********************************

Daniel's POV

Kiana's streams of swears and screams echoed through the hallway as the doctor started the transplant surgery.

I felt bad but I don't regret my decision. Am I a bad person for doing this? Should I have just let her live? But how could I after the things I had got to know about her. She didn't just take Duncan's life, tried to kill Carla and hurt Ari, she had hurt and killed dozens of people. If Anthony ever knew that his first love was corrupted and had to be killed, just because of Kiana, would he still be okay with it?

Ginivieve.

There was a point in my life where I had fallen for her at first sight but the second time I saw her, she was no longer the same bubbly and caring girl I first met. Instead, she had turned into a sinister black witch. She wasn't always a black witch. She was a white witch, pure at heart. But she chose darkness. To think Kiana was the one who forced her into that darkness boils the blood in me. Afterall, Ginivieve was my very first mate. The mate who I had let Claire kill with my approval.

That day, I felt horrible but I knew I had to choose the right option. Claire had said me that she could stop and let Ginivieve free if it hurts me to see her die but if I let Ginivieve free, there was no saying she wouldn't kill all of us--the royals. So, even if it hurt like hell, I let Claire kill Ginivieve.

If Kiana wouldn't have forced Ginivieve into that dark path. If Ginivieve wouldn't have gotten so consumed with that darkness. Would it be any different?

Kiana must've ruined many of the white witch's life by threatening them to choose black magic instead of natural magic. I came to know that Kiana with a few others used to kidnap their family members and force the witches to make use of black magic if they wanted their family members back.

Black magic is like an addiction. Once you make use of it, you'll be tempted to use it again and again until you're consumed with it. Black magic is usually more powerful as it uses the energy of the dead while white magic is completely based on nature and is likely to be lesser effective unlike Claire's magic.

Claire is the most powerful witch existing and so was her mother before she died. Her white magic is very powerful and she can easily fight tons on black witches which she had did by the way.

Back to the topic, Kiana had also done one more horrible thing which included Ari. . .

Ari doesn't know this, but the real reason her father was so abusive to her and her mother, the real reason Ari never got her father's love and had to lose her mother, was because of Kiana.

Kiana didn't only cheat me with Duncan. She had done it far many times. Despite knowing that Ari's father was married, she did an affair with him since he was a rich man. She then told him to leave his wife and child behind and marry her instead. When Kiana came to know that Ari's father, Payton's, entire money was because of his wife's wealth, she devised a plan. Payton, on Kiana's influence, tortured his wife to the point where she decided to commit suicide and all her wealth automatically went to him.

When Payton got his wife to commit suicide, got the wealth and did everything as she said, Kiana left him hanging as she found me--a more rich man to hold-- at that time. Payton got angry on losing his favourite mistress and took all his anger out on Ari--mentally and physically abusing her for years.

Every time I brought up her past, there was a kind of fear and sadness in those beautiful eyes of hers. I knew she wasn't prepared to go back that memory lane so I instead let Tom check on her past. And now I know why she has those nightmares once in a while. Why she was so quiet and complying when she just got married to me.