X

0948 842 783

0948 842 783

Hi....this is Hana. I went through the box and I|

"Nope," Hana sighs. Her thumb pressing on to the backspace button immediately.

Hi, this is Hana. I got your number and I was hoping we could talk once you land? |

"Ugh," she scoffs at herself. "Too straightforward. What am I gonna do? Wait for him at the airport?"

Hi, this is Hana. I've spent a few days thinking about you and the stuff that you gave me |

"Too long," Soyoung mumbles from next to her best friend, mouth stuffed with popcorn. Hana immediately presses down on to the backspace button.

"Is it even a good idea to message him?" Hana's conflict is obvious from the way her eyebrows fall downwards.

"I'm sure he sneaked in his number inside the lunchbox for a reason," the blond girl chimes. A perfectly manicured nail picking up a piece of popcorn again.

"Yeah but it's too soon," the other girl argues. She's wearing the loosest pair of sweatpants and the baggiest t shirt she owns. Soyoung is dressed in the same attire, the tv on in front of them.

"It's been a four days," Soyoung raises an eyebrow.

"And I don't want to distract him from his award show today."

"Someone's been keeping check."

Hana quietens at the remark. It's almost like she's been caught red handed for something she shouldn't feel guilty about.

"Look," Soyoung says calmly, passing Hana the ice cream bucket she really likes. "If anything, a message from you will probably make him happy. You have to stop treating him like he wasn't hurting too, you weren't around him for the longest life and it's unfair for you to assume that he was okay with you not being around."

"If he wasn't okay with it, he would've done something—"

"Did you?"

Hana is quiet once again.

"Pride is a dangerous thing. So is stupidity. When you mix them both together, the result is..." Soyoung shakes her head as if she's contemplating a new discovery.

"Is..?"

"Just," Soyoung holds on to her best friends hand that's been plucking away at a stray thread from the sofa. "I know you're nervous. And scared. But this is someone you know like the back of your hand—"

"What is the person I know isn't the same one? What if the back of my hand changed?" Her light brown eyes are worrisome. The sunlight streaming from her curtains make them seem lighter than they actually are and although the look like bronze gems in the sun, there's too much fear, too much emotion in them for Soyoung to truly enjoy them.