She's a magnet for trouble! (2)

She's a magent for trouble!

Chapter 2:

Almost 6 months later:

I can not believe this, it's the first day of Junior year and I am walking to the end of my neighbor hoods road, the one that connects to the main roads. What I'm saying is, I'm seventeen, I have my license but yet I have to ride the bus because my parents won't let me drive to school on my own.

They keep swearing that it has nothing to do with the accident that happened a few months back but I knew that it does.

When I reached the end of the road I saw that I wasn't the only one waiting on the bus. There was a freshman guy waiting in the car with his mom, two sophomore girls talking quietly to each other and either a Junior or Senior guy that was lounging against the stone sign that read our streets name. I awkwardly stood on the left side of the road, a few feet behind the sophomores. One of them looked back at me a smiled a little before returning to her conversation.

I looked at my cellphone screen. I hate gettingup this early, 6:14am is definitely a ridiculous time to be waiting on the bus.

After a few minutes of silence I heard the obnoxious, from a short distance away, sound of the bus squealing to a stop ahead of our stop. When the bus reached us we all climbed on the bus, grabbing a index card from the bus driver. On the paper we had to fill out our name, home number, and street address. Some routine the principal had us do every year.

By the time we reached the school the bus was alive with chatter. Even my ipod couldn't blank out there overly nervous and excited conversations.

I looked out of the small and hand print smudged bus window while waiting for the bus driver to let us off. I noticed a lot of new faces, freshman mostly, and silently chuckled at them. They all looked like they were about to shit their pants, although I had felt the same way two years ago on my first day attending Danson High. Named after the the owner, Charles Danson. A lot of peoples names are Charles, I thought randomly to myself as we got off the bus.

I turned the volume dial down on my ipod some and glanced around for a familiar face. Fortunately I found a small clustered group of my friends hanging by the front doors. Jessie, with her blue eyes shining considerably bright and her naturally red hair swishing, spotted me first and broke through the crowd and crashed into me.

"Hey! I totally missed you at orientation last week." Orientation being when you come up here to collect your schedule and other nessicary objects like purchasing books for class, trying out for sports and so on.

I grinned genuinely for the first time in a while when I was enveloped in hugs from all around.

"Hey guys." I laughed. "What goes on?"

Ian, the leanest and the most energetic one of us all answered right away, "Well, we were trying to figure out who has the same classes." he shrugged as everyone resumed standing in a not-so-round circle.

"Oh, that reminds me, does anyone have Forensics?" I asked, in forensics you get to pick your year long partner and I hated pairing up with strangers. Not because I was anti-social or something but since the accident everyone pitied me and I hated it. Of course I knew all my friends felt for me and I did for them, he was a part of all our lives.

"Yeah, I do." said two of the guys, Ronnie and Kingsley.

"Second?" I asked, trying to rein in the hope that wanted to escape in my voice.

"Aww, nope. I got it Fourth." Ronnie said and Kingsley slapped his hand saying, 'Hell yeah!'

I nodded but thought better of it, "Y'all suck." I laughed along with everyone else as Kingsley stuck his tongue out at me childishly.

*BEEEEEEP*

The groans that arose from everyone around us was almost deafening as the bell rang, signaling five minutes until class.

"Who's with me, English III?" Sadie, who had been quieter than the rest, finally spoke up in question.

I raised my hand and jumped up and down like a dork saying, "Me! Me!"

She laughed and we said bye to the guys and headed off.

"How was the cruise with your family?" I asked her conversationally.

"Oh, you know. Uncle got into fight with dad, mom had a panic attack when I talked to some guys. Brother was a pain in my ass, same ole crap that goes on every year." she joked and I rolled my eyes. Her family was absolutely hilarious but they tended to go a little overboard with the 'family love' at reunions.

"Better than mine, spent it working summer jobs." I sighed, that's how most of my summers went for the past few years now, money was a slight issue with my family but I never complained a lot.

We kept up the light chatter until we got to class, unfortunately we had assigned seats. Ms. Rivers was one who strictly depended on rules. I ended up sitting in the back and Sadie only sat two seats in front of me.

I wearily pulled  my hood up while the rest of the class filed in, the room picked up in volume until the bell signaled us class was to began. After we all stood up and sat back down for the pledge of allegiance, I had relaxed slightly. No one was giving me weird looks so hopefully this year would be pity-free year.

I put my hood down and inwardly smiled. Then I heard a small gasp from Sadie and I came back to reality, listening to the words being spoken.

The teacher was taking roll, she was right now looking around the room as if searching for someone.

"Fields?" she questioned again. I stiffened, his last name. I knew from Sadie's body language that she had said none other than his name.

"Uh....he isn't here anymore." some guy said from the front, sounding awkward, and looked back at me in sympathy. I remember him from last year, Jared. I weakly smiled at him and he turned around.

I think I should hold onto my last thought. I grimaced, closing out the rest of class again.

()()()()()()

Boring, a little filler, I know but break is coming up soon so more to come soon!

comment, vote, fan if you would:D

xxxx