3

After dinner, I left the house and made my way to Greenwich Park- our usual training grounds. It was dark, and would be closed to the public by now, but not to us. Ronan would always teleport us in, or if he was being a jerk, would make me struggle to find a way to scale the ten foot, anti-climbing painted fence. He'd challenge me to do it without using any elements, which was easier said than done.

I arrived outside a specific spot along the fence, not quite at the main entrance, where we agreed, and waited. It seemed that I was first to arrive.

A few moments later, Irina made her way towards me.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." She smiled in response.

"Ronan isn't here yet." I pointed out. "You think we should head in without him?"

Irina took a look around, although I wasn't sure if it was to see if Ronan was about, or to see whether anyone was watching. Maybe it was both. Then she turned back to me, and nodded.

"Can you get us in?" She questioned. I knew full well that she could get herself in if she wanted to, but I guess this was my training session and not hers. She'd done her training with her Dreamwalker over a decade ago.

I smiled. "Of course."

I then turned to face the fence, and tuned into the metal bars. My ears filled with a slight metallic ring, alerting me of the fact that it was ready to do what I needed it to. Then I held my hand out, closed a fist as if I were grabbing something out of the air, and dragged it to the side. It looked as though I were pulling a curtain open.

The metal bars moved with my hand, creaking loudly and bending at an angle so that there was enough space for both Irina and I to walk through.

"After you." I said, motioning towards the huge gap in the fence.

"Thanks." She said, and stepped through. After I followed, I repeated what I just did and bent the metal back to its original shape, leaving no trace that they had been tampered with. Unless, of course, you counted the cracked paintwork, but that could have been anything. Right?

Irina and I walked through the darkness, making our way to our usual spot that was hidden amongst the leafless trees. The night was cold, so much so you could see our breath in front of our faces, but it didn't bother me. Irina, on the other hand, had her scarf wrapped around her neck so that it half covered her mouth, and her duffle coat was buttoned up tight.

"Where do you think he is?" Irina asked when we arrived.

I frowned. It wasn't like Ronan to turn up late.

I shrugged. "Do you think everything is okay?" I wondered out loud.

Then, I heard the sound of a snapping twig. Irina heard it too, and both our heads snapped round to look for the source. Of course, I couldn't see anything at first- it was pitch black amongst the trees. But, I had a few tricks up my sleeve. I summoned the lightning, and channelled it through my body and into my eyes. Everything brightened, just enough so that I could see the outlines of things a bit clearer.

"Do you see anything?" Irina asked, knowing full well what I was doing. When I didn't care about anyone seeing my powers and didn't concentrate on concealing them too much, quite often both of my eyes would light up in response to the element I was using. Sometimes my veins would, too.

I shook my head, not seeing anything but trees and shrubbery. "No." I said.

"Perhaps you should look a little closer." I heard a voice say, right in my ear, but then turned to see nobody there. Of course, I recognised the voice instantly, and laughed.